Chapter 31

[Jennie's POV]

Four months, four months passed after those horrible incident that shaken our lives. Thankfully, we are to recover quickly. Leo has been jolly since then, at least he didn't suffer any trauma from that despite how hard he cried that time.

Our family has been stronger and of course, much more careful. Lisa's being very gentle to me and Leo even though I really know she's been fighting a battle inside her.

The mystery of her dad.

What could be his real motives? Why did he just disappear after he called Lisa on the day Leo was missing?

But we both don't wanna touch that story for now. We just got married and she said it would be better if we will set aside this issue for now and focus more on our growing family.

"Hey, Jennie! Hi Leo baby... let's go!" Rosie greeted, she said gesturing us to her quarter which is obviously just beside Lisa's.

We've been waiting here in Lisa's office for about15 minutes already. Though, Lisa isn't here because she has to attend to some of her patients. She's been the Director of my dad's hospital now. Dad made the decision months before we got married since he think Lisa deserves it after working her ass so hard.

And today is my checkup. And of course, Rosie is still my OB.

"So how are you and Lisa now? And Leo? Lisa barely talk about what happened but as what we observed, she's coping better" she said while preparing her things.

I put Leo in the couch inside Rosie's office. He's playing busily so he doesn't mind everything we talk about at all.

"Lisa is fine. Though, she's still haunted by her past with her father. But I think sooner or later she'll be ready to face it. I don't force her, actually. I know it will be hard and I don't want to pressure Lisa" I answered.

"Of course she will, Lisa has a very strong mental ability to cope with such. This is why I don't get to worry about her a lot. I'm more concerned with you and Leo. How are you dealing with it?"

"Don't worry Rosie, Leo's been fine. I think he got his emotional intelligence with Lisa"

"And you?"

"I'm fine. Perfectly fine, you know how much Lisa cared for me and Leo, and our baby" I answered caressing my growing baby bump.

"I'm happy to see your family, you know that? I've always been telling Lisa that if I will be to marry someone,I want it to be like yours" Rosie said smiling sweetly.

"Don't worry, you'll find someone you deserve too. Or maybe you found that person already" I said as I lay on the hospital bed.

"What do you mean?" She asked confussingly.

"Well, as what I observed, you already met that one and I bet she's coming right here.... right now" I answered her, teasing as evident in my tone.

Before she can even respond to me, we heard a loud knock on the door.

"Come in!" I'm the one to answer.

"Yow, yow! How's it? How's baby bump?" Jisoo loudly utter rolling from the door.

I knew she was coming. Who wouldn't? I've been hearing her yelling at the corridor while Rosie is preparing - she must be talking to the nurses she befriended here since we casually visit here especially when Lisa became part of this hospital. It's just that Rosie didn't hear her or maybe she did not notice a thing at all.

"We're just about to start bab---" Rosie cut her words before she even compeleted it.

And as a usual reaction of someone surprised, I widened my eyes and look at them suspiciously.