Chapter 10

[Jennie's POV]

The pain is almost unbearable for me. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to see Leslie and Marco together. It's like a love given another chance. Another shot to make things right the way it was supposed to be 28 years ago.

But everything other than that is painful. Me, leaving Lisa without her knowing how I feel. Leaving our story unfinished.

I felt bad that I cannot even put a good ending on our story. Funny how I can put a good ending on other people's story while I can't even put a good ending to my own.

When I saw Lisa and Somi together and how Somi's face lights up when she sees Lisa, I wanted to take her away. I wanted Lisa to be mine but I cannot do that if I am still with Kai. I cannot do that. It is way too wrong.

When she came to me, I felt my eyes softened on the sight of her walking back to me but I still can't take the pain away making my eyes start to water thinking of her. Running away is the only option left, staying with her would only make my feelings deepen.

"Leslie, Marco... I must be going" I almost stuttered talking to them when I saw them around.

"Are you sure? I will ask Lisa to drive you b---"

"No, it will be fine" I cut her and insisted that Jisoo and I will just take a cab.

"I can ask my son to drive you" Marco said and I was left with no choice but to agree. At least not with Lisa anymore.

"I will just get Jisoo" I said and Leslie just nodded.

I was walking around looking for Jisoo but I can't find her and Instead, it's Lisa that I found in one corner, alone.

"Jennie..." she uttered softly. The sound of my name when she says it is like a good music to my ears.

"You're leaving? Let me drive you" she said softly.

"No need, Lisa. Marco's son will drive us" I said coldly while trying to avoid her gazes.

"But I can do that" she initiated.

"No need Lisa. Leslie might need you here" I said insisting to not let her be the one to drive us back and she just nodded in defeat.

It takes everything in me not to throw myself for a hug with you Lisa. I wanted to engulf myself in your arms. I wanted you to be the one I am loving but it won't be good that way. Loving you will always be what I will do even if I cannot be with you for now. Who knows what world will dictate us?

When I finally found Jisoo, we prepared ourselves and our things were already transferred to Bambam's car. Leslie and Marco accompanied us out to the car.

"Thank you so much for everything Leslie and Marco. I will forever be grateful for witnessing one true love. I hope my love ends that way. Stay in love. Goodbye"

"Thank you too, Jennie. You don't know how much happiness you've brought us. Not only to me and Marco but also to Lisa. It's been a while since I last saw her smile genuinely and she only does that when she's with you. If you weren't just engaged, I would love to have you and Lisa end up together" Leslie said which startled me a bit. Did she know or feel how things went through between me and Lisa?

"We have to go, goodbye Leslie and Marco" I bid goodbye. I saw Lisa looking from afar before I hopped in the car. I wanted to run to her but I need to go with a bleeding heart.

As soon as Jisoo and I were settled in the car, Bambam started to drive away. And inch by inch that I am getting away from Lisa only made the pain hurt more.

"Jen, are you sure about this?" Asked Jisoo which made me furrow my brows in confusion.

"Sure of what?"

"Of leaving Lisa. I know how much you're aching right now. Lisa loves you too and the only thing that stops her is the thought of you being engaged. I can see it in her eyes that if she could only take you away from him, she will do. But that isn't her thing. She's willing to let go of you because she cares for you" Jisoo said making me realize more how dumb I am to let her go.

"Jisoo, she doesn't deserve me. I am a complicated person. And I don't want to make her a third party"

"Then make her the only one.... follow your heart Jennie. Don't wait until it's too late" Jisoo said tapping on my shoulder.