Chapter 23

[Lisa's POV]

"Which do you prefer?" The lady asked.

I'm already sweatin', my bangs were almost sticking to my forehead that even the cold temperature of the room isn't helping anymore.

"Uhhhh... listen, my girlfriend - she deserves the best of every thing that this world could offer, okay? How about a highly rated one?" I responded.

"Okay, if that - I think I can offer you this one..." and she took out another box but this time it looks more elegant. "A Mark Broumand's extraordinary piece" and she openned the box containing a 5.38 carat pear-shaped diamond in the center.

And I fell in love with it. It's like this ring is really made for Jennie.

"Wow,Lis... this is so, so beautiful" Rosé uttered, jaw almost dropping upon the brilliance and elegance of the ring.

"Lucky, Jennie huh? Who says Lalisa Manoban is a hell of a hard rock-hearted woman? Comes out so soft for Jennie. So whipped, so whipped!" Jackson teased.

"Yaaah!! You'll know how it feels when you already found her Jackson, and when you already have your child" I responded without taking my eyes off the ring.

"Thought you're non-committal? Remember, when we were having drinks way back in Thailand before. You said marriage isn't for you. That it breaks people and it will all lead to divorce" Jackson replied while grinning on me.

"Jennie doesn't deserve that! And we have a son. You better shut it!"

"Whipped!!" Chaeyoung and Jackson said in unnison.

"This is the one" I told the jeweller while carefully handing back the ring.

"It is noted. I'll just have it prepared for you and also the billing. You're girlfriend would really love it" the jeweller said and it made me smile imagining how it would fit perfectly to Jennie.

"So how are you planning to propose to her?" Asked Chaeyoung.

[Jennie's POV]

"Hey, Leo. Let's get you ready. Daddy said we will go out today" I told my son who's mumbling nonsense in his crib.

Today is his first birthday and we don't have any party for him yet. Lisa said he wants the day for us which is a bit weird since we usually like celebrating such ocassions with parties. Though, her idea of spending the day is great since it would mean more time to spend for our family.

"Yaaaah! Jendeuk? Aren't you prepared yet?" I heard Jisoo said from the door.

"What? You're coming with us?" I flinched upon seeing her enter, well-dressed.

"Of course. Lisa called me that she cannot pick you up because she got plenty of patients. So, I will drive you even she really hates me driving" she answered making me frown. It's our sons birthday and yet she's still working her ass off even if she could just take a day off for at least this day. But, yea - of course I should understand. Being a doctor means taking half or almost all your time from your family, I should know.

"If that, then I cannot argue. I'll just get Leo dressed up and dress for myself too" I sighed in defeat.

"I can dress Leo, you should go and take your shower now. I can do this on my own" she volunteered.

"Oh my... can I trust you on this?" I asked hesitantly.

"Don't! I can do that! Don't let Jisoo take care of Leo or you'll end up seeing him like an unloved human being" I heard Irene said from the door of our room which also surprised me.