Chapter 5

[Lisa's POV]

"I'm engaged"

"She has a boyfriend"

Those words kept repeating in my mind. After hearing she isn't actually single, I felt like I got hit big time. I like her, I really like her. Starting when I saw her in Juliet's house... where I almost fainted when our eyes met... when I almost choked on yelling at her because she's looking damn syraight to my eyes and she's even smiling at me. Damn, this Jennie could kill me.

But she isn't made for me,

She's getting married.

But why do I keep on hoping on her? She wouldn't like me. Why? First, I was totally dumb ass when I yelled at her last time. Secondly, she doesn't seem to look like she's interested. And third? I wasn't even worthy. All my life I only cared for my mom and my career. I never even payed enough attention to a woman that's why my ex broke up with me.

And she? She got a man with a dream, a man who's preparing for their future, and man who loves her and was even able to propose on her. Compared to me, I don't even have the guts to at least show her that she's special.

But heck? Why is her friend ranting about the guy? She isn't happy with him? Then why is she marrying him? If only I have the guts to take her from him, I would. But it isn't the right thing to do. Not that she would even let me take her away from him.

"Lisa? Honey... are you okay? You're gripping that steering wheel tightly" mom asked making me return to my senses.

"Uhhh... yea mom. I was just thinking of something about... work. I'm sorry" I lied.

"We're here to take a vacation too, not just to find Marco. I hope you take a good rest and enjoy yourself. Take your mind away from work" mom lectured.

"Yea, I'm sorry mom. Do you think I've been focusing too much on work?" I asked.

"Yes, like I've told you a lot of times already. Go and find yourself a lady that could make you happy. You're not getting any younger, Lisa. Why don't you go out with Chaeyoung again? Maybe this time you could make things up with her." she said

I didn't know what to answer. Honestly, I don't feel anything for Chaeyoung anymore and I don't think I've felt any before. It's just that I don't have the heart to turn her down when she courted me - yes, she courted me. She's sweet and nice but she just isn't my type.

I was about to answer mom but someone cleared her throat from the back.

"Uhhh... I'm sorry but I just want to ask where are we already?" Jennie asked.

Really? She interrupted the moment just for a fucking stupid question? I didn't know she has a fiancé I would start to assume that she likes me. Errr, what am I thinking? Don't fool yourself, Manoban.

"Uhhh... just a few blocks away from the address you gave me" I answered and she just nodded.

As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw Jisoo nudging her friend and they were like having a mini fight at the back. These two are really little kids. So tiny and so childish.

Soon later, we had arrived to the address that Jennie gave to me. We're lucky because there are mobile apps that are really accurate in navigations.

The house is somehow big but it looks abadoned or maybe just unfurnished.

When we knocked on the door, a woman carrying a toddler showed up behind the doors. She looks just like she's aged as mom but mom is prettier of course.

"Excuse me? May I help you?" She asked.

"Hello, you see, we're looking for a Marco Bruischweiler here. Do you know him? Is he here?" Jennie asked.