Chapter 1

[Jennie's POV]

"Hey, it's running late. Aren't you going home yet?" Irene asked. She's my office mate, a co-writer here in the company I've been working on for the past 3 years.

"I'm just finishing this up. I need to finish it today and be able to submit it tomorrow before my flight to Italy" I replied not minding to look at her as I tried to finish my article.

"So Italy it is, huh? A pre-wedding honeymoon?" Seulgi asks.

"Yea, I guess? It could be my way to drag his mind out of business so we could focus on planning our wedding" I answered.

I was already engaged to Kai for already a year now but we haven't planned it yet. He said we will once he's already settled with the restaurant business he's putting up but I wonder when will it be. So I decided to take him in an out of the country tour to have time for both of us.

"Jen, I hope he really has a heart for this wedding. I know you've been looking forward to it since then but I don't think he also has the plan for it now. Don't you think he was just pressured to propose to you?" Jisoo asked sitting in the chair across me.

"Kai loves me" is all that I can reply.

"Given that he loves you, but is he really worth your love?" Jisoo tapping my shoulder before leaving.

"We'll be going now, Jen. Please be safe on your way home" Irene said before the 3 of them leave the office.

Jisoo's question left me hanging and doubting his love. Is he really worth it? Am I being happy with him?

But I love him and he loves me so I just shrugged it off and started packing my things as I finished writing my article.

The next day is the day Kai and I will go on a trip to Paris. The flight will be in the afternoon so I still have the time to submit my article to our boss, Mr. Yang.

"The article is good. You're really a talented one Jennie. I wish you could write a story next time. I would be glad standing behind you to support you in it." He said which made me smile.

"I'm going to Italy in a few hours. Who knows? Maybe I could get some inspiration there and start writing a story. I'm so delightful with the offer Mr. Yang. Thank you. I must be going" I said before bidding goodbye.

Before I went home to get my things, I managed to stop by the restaurant that Kai is putting up. Us usual,he is really busy with his things.

"Hey, babe... are your things ready? Our flight is in few hours" I said which made him flinch.

"Oh yes, yes... the Italy! I'm sorry I almost forgot. Let me just finish this and I'll go home to prepare my things." He said before turning his back on me and continue checking on his business things.

I just sighed in defeat. What else can I do? He already forgot it and getting mad wouldn't even a help.

"I guess I'll just go. I'll see you in the airport" i said nonchalantly before leaving.

"Sure sure. Bye, I love you" he said without turning his back.

At 3:00 in the afternoon, I was already in the airport but Kai is still nowhere to be found. I tried to call him but I'm always directed to his voicemail.

Times passed and still he's not showing up so I just called Jisoo instead.

"Hey unnie, how about you join me to the tour in Italy?" I asked while fidgetting my fingers.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... so where's prince charming?" She asked.

"He's not showing up. The last time I talked to him he totally forgot that we are going to Italy. I tried to call him but he can't be reached." I replied sighing.

"This is getting out of hand. Wait for me there. And better yet, get me a ticket to Italy. The same as yours so we could chat during the flight" she said.

"No worries, Chu. I got his plane ticket with me. Just get here quickly" I said before turning off the call.

I sat on a bench waiting for Jisoo when finally, I received a call from Kai.

"Hey" is all I can say.

"Babe, I'm sorry I can't make it. Taeyoung called me, he said we will be having urgent meetings with some suppliers today. You can go. Just take care, okay? I love you" yea, finally I knew the truth. Well, I wasn't surprised anymore. I knew he would come up with another excuse of his business.

"Okay, don't worry I already called Jisoo to accompany me as your replacement right even before you call" I said with an annoyed tone.

"Oh, I see.. okay okay, enjoy there. I have to go" he said before hanging up.

"Let me guess, he has an urgent meeting and it is connected with his business?" Jisoo said while panting. Probably because she came running here just to be able for us to catch the flight.

"Exactly. Come on. Let's get going. I don't wanna be affected by his excuses anymore"