Chapter 21

[Jennie's POV]

"Have you already told Lisa?" Jisoo asks. Right now we are here in our house with Irene and Seulgi. It's their freaking day off but Lisa's at work. You know, doctor's duties.

This is why I never wanted to be a doctor. Not that I don't think that it is a good profession but I always liked to make a good time for myself and now, for my growing family.

"Tell her what?" I asked in confussion.

"About your family... I remember her getting confused when you told her you're gonna introduce her to your family. Remember? You told Leslie that your mom died?" Jisoo answered reminding me of the time when we had an argument about her telling me that I never knew how it felt to lose a family. It somehow reminded me of the pain of my mom's memory.

"I haven't told her yet. We haven't talked about it. She never asked and I never opened up" I answered in a calm tone but honestly, I felt bad. It's like I'm hiding something from her. Not that it's a big deal or what. But she's already a huge part of me now and her knowing more about me and my complicated situation in our family is something I should've told her already. Now, in this phase of our relationship.

"She never asked because she's waiting for you. She's waiting for you to be ready but she's already confused" Jisoo answered making me furrow my brows.

"And how did you know about that?"I asked.

"Duuh? Rosé told me. She said Lisa is always in her office whenever she doesn't have a patient and keeps on asking. Jackson even said he recommended Lisa to hire someone to background check on you but Lisa refused. She said it is so unnecessary and it's not like you're hiding some criminally insane things from her" Jisoo explained making me shock.

"Oh my God.." is all I can say. I promise I will tell her when I got the right timing, when I'm finally ready to open again the closed part of me. When I'm finally healed.

"Don't worry, Jen. You don't have to worry. Lisa is such a good person and she knows how to handle things. Just don't make things rough between you just because of this" Jisoo added while tapping my shoulder.

"Jisooyahh! You're stressing Jennie. How about we go to the mall? Buy more baby stuff?" Irene said making us divert our attention to her.

"Sounds good" Seulgi answered.

"Sounds good if you'll be the one to pay" Jisoo said crossing her arms above her chest.

"No worries, chicken. As long as Jennie would feel happy. And this is for our soon to be playmate too" Seulgi answered making us giggle at the thought.

As soon as we are all ready to go to the mall, I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialed Lisa's number.

"No answer?" Irene asked after noticing how long I have been trying to call her.

"Yea. Probably busy" I said while putting my phone back to my bag.

"You know doctors" Irene responded.
.
.
.

We got to the mall in no time. One reason: because Jisoo is a hell of a crazy driver. This is why Lisa never wanted me to ride with her as much as possible.

"Let's go to the Baby's stuff! I'm so excited for this. Especially now that we already know the gender" Jisoo and Seulgi squeeled and left me with Irene while they went fast to the shop.

"I wish Seulgi is also up for having our family now" Irene uttered making me look at her. "She never opened up to me about having a family. I wish she would be like Lisa at times. We've been together for too long but never entered a conversation of having our own family".