05. ✅

Leaning back, I watched as the boys ran around the field. Stiles was panting loudly, dragging behind the others as he forced himself to run. "Pathetic," Coach called as Stiles finally passed him causing me to giggle.

"W-Who came first?" Stiles panted as he leaned against Scott, who pointed towards Liam. Riley smiled and cheered for Liam as he continued doing pushups while the others rested. Both boys glared at her, obviously not liking her choice of boyfriend.

"They are going to forever be angry about that." I said with a smile, remembering earlier today at lunch. Stiles and Scott grilled her for information about her boyfriend, claiming he acted supernatural during morning practice. Which the two of us simply laughed at, we'd known Liam since eighth grade, we knew he wasn't supernatural. Plus, I would be able to smell him, you know creepy super smelling abilities. Although he spent up until this semester at Devenford Prep. I still knew him like a brother, and Riley and him were deeply in love. Although I know Riley freaks out at times thinking Liam will discover the whole supernatural world that seems to revolve around Beacon Hills.

"Liam!" I jumped out of my thoughts at my best friends scream, my gaze moving towards the field to see Liam on the ground, my brother standing over him. The entire team moved towards Liam's side, Riley and myself getting off the bleachers and rushing towards our friend.

"Don't touch him! Don't touch him!" Coach yelled, rushing towards Liam.

"It's okay coach, I'm fine. Really." Liam spoke standing up, only to fall back down when he applied pressure to his leg.

"We'll take him to the nurse," Scott spoke up, helping Liam up with the help of Stiles. Riley stood in front of them, holding Liam's face and speaking soothing words to him. "Come on."

I followed behind them, watching my best friend go crazy with worry, scared for her boyfriend and his goal.

_____________

"I'm going to head home, tell me how it goes?" I asked Riley after she exited the nurses office. Apparently the nurse could only give him ice, but he had to go to the hospital and have his foot x-rayed.

"Yeah, be careful." Riley responded before pulling me into a hug.

"Always am," I responded before leaving the school, not worrying about telling Scott where I was going. The streets were abnormally quiet tonight, making me be extra aware of my surroundings.

Glancing around, I froze as my eyes landed on a figure standing a little ways away from me, wanting nothing more than to use my enhanced vision to see who it was. "Hello?" I asked, slightly scared.

"Cheyenne?" I instantly sighed, recognizing the voice.

"Why are you standing in the road in the dark like a creep, Brett?" I asked, hiking my bag further up on my shoulder.

"I was just walking and stopped when I heard you." He answered walking towards me, a smirk on his face. "What about you?"

"Heading home," I responded, pointing in the direction I was walking. "My brother got caught up with something so he couldn't give me a ride."

"Its really not safe to be walking around at night." He said as we began walking down the street. "You never know who or what is lurking in the streets." He elaborated.

"I'm a big girl," I responded, annoyed that another person was treating me like a baby.

I'm a fucking werewolf, not a newborn.

"Everyone has a weakness."

--------------

Slipping through the front door I sighed, the house was pitch black, not shocking there. It was almost one in the morning, thanks to Brett I got home much later than I wanted. We spent the last four hours talking about just about everything.

He doesn't know about the wolf stuff though.

I learned about his life at home, how going to Devenford prep was, and so much more. Just like I told him about my anger with my brother, how all the two of us did anymore was fight, how I wanted nothing more than escape away from him. I told him how I hated that people treated me like a baby, thinking I couldn't handle things that I know I could, how my father walked out, and so much more.

I feel like I know him better than Liam, and sometimes Scott. It was nice and refreshing. But I knew I needed to get home, so we swapped numbers promising to text.

"Where were you?" Scott asked, making me jump.

"Out." I snapped pushing past him and into my room, I quickly shut and locked my door before heading to my connected bathroom, stripping to take a shower.

"You can't do this Chey, " I heard my brothers voice from the other side of the door.

"Don't do what? "

"Pull yourself away from me and mom. I know you're pissed I didn't tell you. But you have to understand, I just wanted to keep you safe." Scott explained.

"So you lied to me. You told my best friend before me. I thought we told each other everything. " Washing quickly I stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around my hair before wrapping a second one around my body. "If Aiden hadn't bit me, you wouldn't have told me would you?"

"No," He whispered but I heard him clearly.

"Exactly," shaking my head I slipped into a pair of underwear before slipping on sleeping shorts and a tank top. "Just go away." I whispered, suddenly extremely upset with the way he was treating me. Quickly, I turned off my bedroom light before slipping under the covers and curling into a ball, ready to sleep the night away. I cringed as my phone lit up my room, binging as it did so.

Goodnight Beautiful xx -Brett