14. ✅

We all stood around in the Argent warehouse. I stood off to the side, talking with one of Bretts packmates. Brett was avoiding me and I didn't know why.

"He's moody," the guy in front of me said, glancing over at Brett.

"He's pissing me off," I responded looking away from the brunette.

"You shouldn't let him get to you," he added. Suddenly footsteps could be heard approaching, everyone instantly got in protective mode. I sighed as I spotted Argent, jumping as Brett moved to attack.

"Wait! Wait! Brett! This is his place. It's his." Scott and I shouted moving towards the beta and the ex-hunter.

"Scott, Chey," Chris sighed. "If you bring in guests, you could have called." Chris looked between Scott and myself. I smiled moving forward to hug the man that's been a father to me for the past year.

"I didn't have anywhere else to take them." Scott said as I pulled back from hugging Chris.

"I know this man. He may not remember, but we've met before." Satomi said stepping forward.

"You can trust him." I said.

"I trust him." Scott added.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" She asked.

"What others?" Chris asked.

"Last night, there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows." Kira explained.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asked.

"Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore."

"Can they find us?" Brett asked.

"They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark." Chris answered.

"So we're not safe here?" I asked hugging myself tightly, scared out of my mind. I jumped slightly, as an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me close. Looking up, I smiled slightly at Brett before focusing back on the conversation, happy he wasnt ignoring me anymore.

"We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us." Satomi stressed.

"If they're coming, Scott, they're coming for you too. You're still number one on the dead pool." Chris said. "Your right up there with him Cheyenne."

"I know. I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time."

"Then that's what she'll get." Chris said.

------

Derek showed up shortly after, Braedan by his side both of them carrying weapons.

I stood off to the side with Brett, the both of us holding the other tightly.

"They'll be okay." Glancing at Scott I found both him and Derek watching Brett and myself.

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters." Derek answered.

"That's why I called you."

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." Derek answered as Braeden walked up to the two.

"That's why he called me." The brunette answered.

Deciding to join into the conversation, Brett and I walked up as Kira spoke. "Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

We all glanced at the Fox, seeing how much she was hoping what she was saying would be true. "Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden asked.