16. ✅

"How did you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked as we all stood in the warehouse. Liam would be joining us on the rescue mission for my brother, so we needed something that would be strong enough to keep him from getting out. Because of his I.E.D. his strength is pretty strong. With a full moon, no control and extra strength, we needed everything we possible could get to keep him contained.

Breadan walked towards us keys to the van I'm her hand, "I'm a U.S. Marshal."

"Yeah, I just thought that was just a cover." Stiles said looking towards Derek's car as he walked towards them with Peter. "Are we really bringing him?"

"Are we really bringing him?" Peter countered glancing at his nephew.

"We're bringing everyone that we can. And considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Derek said.

"What's that mean? If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him? What, she wants to make him younger? Or take him back to when he wasn't a werewolf." I asked stepping forwards to be part of the conversation more.

"A werewolf can't steal a true Alpha's power. But maybe a Nagual jaguar, with the power of Tezcatlipoca behind her..." Peter trailed off his eyes roaming over everyone before landing on myself. "Maybe she can. So, if everyone is sufficiently freaked out, I say we get going." I eyed him uncomfortable, not exactly wnjoying the presence of the male serial killer.

"We can't. Not without Lydia or Riley." Stiles said.

"What's she doing at the school anyway?" Derek asked as Stiles waslked off to try and get ahold of Lydia or Riley.

"We got Kira's sword, but we need something with a stronger scent. Lydia went to get a jacket out of her locker." Malia explained.

"Nothing." Stiles muttered walking back over towards the group we formed.

"If she has a car, she can catch up to us." Breadan said.

"That's a good point. We'll call her from the road." Peter smiled gesturing for everyone to get into the vehicles.

"No. What if something happened? What if she's in trouble?" Stiles questioned.

"Fine. You stay, you find her. We're gonna go on without you." Peter sassed.

Liam stepped forwards pulling his phone out, "I could call Mason. He has a study group at school. Maybe he could look for her."

Stiles sighed, nodding his head, "All right. Fine." We all moved about getting all our things gathered for the trip.

Peter stepped forwards, speaking up as Liam joined us from calling Mason, "Remember what we're dealing with. It's not just Kate, it's Berserkers. You might see human eyes behind those skulls. Do not assume that there's any humanity left."

He looked around at us all, stopping his eyes on Liam, "Oh. This little one is terrified of them, aren't you? Don't worry, my friend. It is that fear that will keep you alive. A reminder to everyone. You do not fight Berserkers to survive, you fight to kill."

-------------

"Scotty," six year old Cheyenne stood in front of her eight year old brother, her eyes filled with tears. "Promise me you won't leave me like daddy did." she said softly, rubbing at her eyes. "Promise me you will always be there for me and save me from the bad guys." she added in a whisper as Scott moved her so she was lying in her bed. "always be my knight bubby."

"What if the bad guys come after me?" Scott questioned sitting on his sister's bed. He brushed her hair out of her face, smiling softly at her.