13. ✅

Walking down the hall I came to a stop next to Liam and Scott. "You see the difference?" Liam asked looking at a piece of paper that had our names on it. Minus Derek's.

"Derek's not on the list anymore." Scott stated.

"And I'm not worth three million. It's 18 now. $18 million."

"Just focus on school for now. The bonfire is tonight okay" Scott answered.

----------
Riley and I stood next to Liam and Mason, rocking slightly to the music and holding solo cups wishing to get drunk.

"Not gonna tell me to slow down?" Liam asked as he emptied a third bottle he had filled with alcohol.

"Actually, I was gonna say, "Keep drinking". I think you should get drunk. And I mean stumbling down, fall on your ass, passed out with your face in a toilet drunk." Mason answered.

"Why?" Liam and Riley asked at the same time.

"Maybe then when I ask you what's going on, you'll be too drunk to lie. I'm not asking this because I want to know. I'm asking because I want to help." Mason answered making the three of us freeze.

"I'm gonna get another drink. Yeah... I'm getting drunk." Liam walked away, Riley following after him to get more to drink.

"Seriously," Mason grummbled. "What is up with you guys?"

Looking around I hoped for some way to escape Mason, he was a close friend and I hated lying to him. I found Scott a little away talking with Malia about why they hid that Peter was her father. Searching some more I grinned as I spotted Brett, his eyes meeting mine from where he stood joking around with some friends. He gestured for me to come over, watching as I made my way towards him, grinning as he wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me into his side.

"Guys this is Cheyenne. Cheyenne this is Aaron, Mathew and Ryan." Brett spoke, gesturing to each boy as he spoke. Obviously each of them were part of the Devenford prep lacrosse team.

"It's nice to meet you," I smiled softly, leaning slightly into Bretts side as a wave of dizziness hit me. His arm tighened around my waist, his eyes looking down at me in worry as I pulled my cup to my lips gulping down the heavy liquid inside.

"So you're the McCall girl," Aaron grinned, his brown eyes lighting up with a hint of trouble and hidden plans.

"Obviously," I responded watching him closely. I'm not trusting any of these boys at the moment. Turning so I was looking up at Brett I spoke, " I thought you weren't coming?"

His eyes flickered behind me for a moment before landing back in mine, " I changed my mind."

Sighing I turned so I could look around, gulping the rest of my beer down, " I'm going to go get more." I didn't wait for a response before I walked away, headed for the keg before my brother intercepted me. "Excuse me" I said, stumbling slightly as my head pounded. I just wanted to get shitfaced drunk and forget about all this crap with the benefactor for a little while.

"How much have you had?" Scott asked, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards Mason, Liam and Malia.

"Two?" I asked, shaking my head, " no three. I think." I stared off into space as Scott talked with Mason and Malia.

"I have to..." My brother groaned, holding his head and pulling my attention back to him. "I have to turn off the music. Don't let them out of your sight."

Malia grinned grabing my arm and swaying to the music pulling me into the dance with her. We giggled and groaned as large men came up to us grabbing our arms.

"Wait... Stop. Hey, what are you doing? These are my friends." Giggling as Mason tried to stand up for us.

"Your friends are overly intoxicated. They need to be escorted out." The large man hold my arm stated.

"Okay, I'll go with them."

"That won't be necessary."

"I said they're my friends..." The men turned waking away with us as my head pounded ten times worse. My vision blurred, everything changing from defined shapes to massive blures of color that I couldn't identify. I grumbled as I fell to the floor, feeling Malia next to me before another body landed on the other side.

"What is that? What are you doing?" I relaxed slightly, recognizing my brothers voice, reaching out for his arm to hold in comfort. Something cold splashed on to me, making me gasp and give a startled cry as the scent of gasoline hit my nose.

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you."

"No. No. No. No. " Scott mummbled over and over again. His voice being the last thing I heard as a faded into a deep sleep. The pounding in my head continuing loudly.

------------

"You okay?" Scott asked, watching as I dried my hair after my shower. I wore one of his old t-shirts and a pair blue Jean shorts.

"I'm fine Scott." I said softly, glancing over at my phone. Brett had been ignoring my calls and texts all night, and it was frustrating me beyond belief.

"It's okay to not be fine." he stated, glancing towards the door as Liam appeared, leaning against to door. Scott glanced down at his phone as it rang, before standing to his feet and leaving the room as he answered. Coming back into the room moments later. "Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go."

"More assassins?" Liam asked.

"Maybe a lot more." Scott answered.

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" I asked, standing up to place my brush back on my vanity.

"I think so, yeah." Scott answered before turning to Liam. "How about I take you home?"

"I'm not like you." Liam said softly moving to sit on my bed.

"Not yet."

"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

"Not all of us are." I spoke softly and sadly

"Let me at least take you home."

---------

Scott and I entered the animal clinic in a rush, slowing to a stop as Kira came from the back.

"Is your mom..." Scott trailed off.

"She's okay. Healing." Kira answered

"What about you?" Awkwardly I shuffled away looking everywhere but at the two.

"Me?" Kira asked confused.

"Are you okay?" Scott reworded.

"Right now?" Kira questioned before answering. "Very. "

"Did you find him? Did you find Brett?" I spoke up, stepping forward hopefully. With all the assasin things happening I was terrified for him.

"Actually, I think I found all of them." Kira said as a women, Brett, a blonde girl and a few other men stepped out of the back room. "Satomi, this is who I was telling you about."

"I know who Scott McCall is." The woman who I assumed was satomi spoke.

"Are we safe here?" The blonde asked.

"We're gonna need help." Scott said glancing over at me. "A lot of help."