Chapter 54

-Brooke-

Brennen, Sam, Jake, Corey, Devyn, Kat, Tara, and Colby were all sat in my living room. Bentley is usually excited to see familiar faces, but there's so many people he doesn't really know what to do. He ended up getting upset so I had him lay down in my room, I didn't close the door all the way but just enough so he could get out if he wanted to.

I had hooked up my laptop to the tv and was playing the video. As soon as I got the tweet I texted everyone and had them come over, I hardly had enough time to change by the time they got here.

"We want to start off this video by apologizing first," Trina began. "The things we've said were hurtful not just to Brooke and Colby but a lot of other people as well and it took us a while to realize that."

"We don't want to make excuses for our behavior, despite the way we were raised and the things we've experienced, they might be a cause for the way we acted, but it's no excuse," Lyla added. "The point is that we hurt people, and didn't bat an eye at that."

So far I was impressed. But I didn't wanna get my hopes up, I wanted to see if they were going to mess it up somehow.

"Brooke isn't perfect," Opal continued, and I sighed. "But she never had bad intentions, not once. Her heart was always in the right place, even when she was struggling with her own turmoil. But instead of turning that into anger to use against people, she turned it into something to help people. Including us."

I leaned back a bit as they said this.

"These past several months have given us a lot of time to think," Trina spoke. "And when we think back to how things were when Brooke was part of our group, we remember how kind she was. We used her from the beginning yes, but she was always the one we turned to for help, and we didn't even realize how much she actually impacted our lives. Just like many of you."

Colby's hand went over my knee and I quickly interlocked our fingers—I was nervous.

"The more hate we got from what we said and the more time we got to think about our actions, the more regret we began to feel. There's no way something like this will ever make up for what we did, but we don't want Colby to hold back from making videos because of our actions, and we want Brooke to find her love for music again before we entered her life," Opal smiled sadly at the camera.

"We're going to delete the accounts we made on all forms of social media, and we intend to not be apart of Brooke or Colby's life anymore, we want to finally back off and give them space," Lyla also smiled sadly. "We'll work on ourselves and see if we can learn to be better people."

"Thank you everyone for supporting Brooke and Colby, and...Brooke, Colby if you are watching this, we're beyond sorry for everything we've done, I hope you can come back to YouTube without any regrets," Trina finished. They looked at each other a minute before nodding and turning off the camera.

I turned the tv off and we all sat in complete silence. No one said a single word while we processed what we just watched. I released Colby's hand and leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees. I held my bottom lip between my index finger and thumb as I thought of what to say. My leg started bouncing.

Jake was the first to speak. "So that seemed genuine."

We all groaned and a few of us hung our heads.

"Yeah we got that," Brennen retorted, sitting back against the couch. He had taken a place next to Colby.

"What now?" Sam asked from beside me. "What do you two do now?"

I shook my head slowly. "I'm not sure."

"Me either," Colby sighed. "The logical thing to do is to give a response."