Chapter 19 and A/N

I want to apologize for the lack of updates lately, I just started college so I've been crazy busy with keeping everything organized. I also work part time and have other activities I do, so I'm a little caught up with life. I've been thinking a lot about writing and unfortunately I only have time to write when it's late, it's also the time my creativity peaks, but my writing gets kind of sloppy, so more editing is required. 

I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of things, and post at LEAST once a week, if not more. But if I miss updates, then I apologize, it's hard to balance so much, but I'm working out a happy medium of balance. Thank you guys for your patience <3

-Brooke-

I waved and blew kisses to the crowd I exited the stage, wrapping up the tour. Our last location was LA, meaning we're back home and I can just go back to my apartment. I miss my bed terribly. 

The tour went really well, during this time I was asked by a couple news stations to come in and talk about my career and how well things are going, but I was surprised by some of the questions they asked. Most of which, were bringing up the rumors and lies about me spreading over Instagram and Twitter. The accounts were getting more popular, and every day I notice it more and more over social media, and apparently it's now coming to news stations. I even see my face on magazines talking about the gossip. At first I brushed it off as nothing, just regular gossip, which is part of going down this route of fame, but the more I see it, the more concerned I get. 

Colby greeted me as I came backstage, kissing the side of my head. I smiled at him as Mikey handed me a water and a small towel for how much I've been sweating. Those lights make the stage VERY warm. 

"That was amazing, love," Colby told me. 

"Thanks, baby," I giggled, taking another drink of my water.

"You've been killing it out there!" Kat squealed. 

I laughed. "I appreciate it, Kat."

"You look exhausted though," Sam said and I nodded.

"Very."

"Well, on the bright side, you can go home once your ready. Just give me a moment to get the paycheck together, and I have some stuff for you to sign and we're good to go," Mikey told me.

"What do I need to sign?"

"Permissions for more interview to be done," He explained.

"I don't know, Mikey, it's going to be about the rumors again, I'd rather not talk about that," I rubbed my head feeling a headache come on.

"My dear, I know, I'm tired of it too, but the more you deny it the more people-"

"Are going to make claims of me lying, it's how the media works," I interrupted. "Please, Mikey, no more interviews. I need a break before that, I've worked endlessly for 3 weeks now, I need a vacation from all of this."

Mikey thought a moment before sighing and nodding. "Alright superstar, I'll tell them you're not interested in any more interviews for now."

"Mikey, thank you, I know this isn't easy for you." I told him, taking his hands. He kissed them both.

"Anything for my precious star, you go get some needed rest. How does 2 weeks sound for a break? After that it's right back to interviews and recording."

"That's alright with me, thank you." With that he walked off to go get the check he owed me from the tour, giving me time to change. 

Sam and Colby brought separate cars to the performance, Kat had already changed out of her clothes so the two of them decided to go. Colby waited with me in my dressing room, saying he'll drive me home tonight. I sat at the vanity wiping the make up off my face.