Chapter 29

-Brooke-

Security was easily the worst part of getting through an airport. That and the lines to the bathroom, it's like the lines at Disneyland when you don't have fast passes. If you have to go to the bathroom then you either get to the airport 3 hours early or you suffer until you board the plane. 

That's just how it is.

Thankfully I don't have to use the bathroom, but the security line is just as bad. It's been 20 minutes and we're only halfway through the security line, maybe only a third of the way through. To say the least, we were incredibly bored.

Colby has been checking twitter, Sam is watching for the line to move, and I'm leaning against Colby trying not to fall asleep--and failing miserably. He keeps nudging me to keep me awake, oops.

"Stay awake, baby," He chuckled nudging me again. I groaned.

"I'm tired," I muttered.

"No you're bored," Sam corrected.

"Same difference."

Sam sighed as the line inched forward another few inches.

"This is ridiculous," Colby groaned. "We're gonna miss our flight at this rate."

"With that attitude we certainly will," I poked his side. He squirmed when I did.

"Attitude or not, this line isn't going anywhere anytime soon."

"I wish we had fast passes..." I mumbled. The boys laughed.

"I don't think Disneyland fast passes are gonna help us here."

"That's stupid."

The line continued to move at a slow pace, and time slowly ticked away to 11:30, we have to board in less than a half hour. I was getting antsy, we were almost at the front of the line but security is having to pull someone's bag apart because they saw something in the scanning. 

I started bouncing in place anxiously, wanting for the line to start moving again. If I had the room, I'd be pacing back and forth. Colby wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me into his side, he didn't look up from his phone.

"Relax, we're gonna make it," He whispered to me. I sighed and leaned against him again, focusing on his arm around me rather than the slow moving line. Sam was on the phone with Kat, who figured he'd be at the gate by now.

"Yeah, it's crazy here," He said into the phone. "Yes, I know. I should have gotten early morning tickets." He rubbed his eyes as Kat responded. "Yeah I think we'll make it. Once we get through security if we run we'll make it to the gate before boarding starts."

"Think Kat is worried?" I asked.

"Nah, she's probably enjoying this," Colby laughed. "Usually Sam is very right about situations, so she's enjoying the fact that SHE was right."

I giggled. "That sounds like her."

The line started moving again and after another 10 minutes we were at the front of the line. I was put in front of Sam and Colby to go through security. I got my ID out and started emptying my bag into a little tray, removing my shoes and sweater. I then walked into the metal detector, raising my hands and all that, then got to the other side, retrieving my stuff and slipping my shoes back on. Sam and Colby went through next and met me on the other side, gathering their stuff. Once they got over to me we started racing off to the other side of the freaking airport to find our gate. 

"God I hate running!" Colby yelled next to me.

I laughed as I kept a steady pace behind Sam who was leading. People didn't even turn to look at us. In an airport, it's pretty normal to see people racing across the whole place to find their gate. Airports aren't normal locations in public, it's more along the lines of a strange other dimension that exists around regular life.