Chapter 18

-Colby-

I stood backstage with Sam and Kat, while Brooke went on stage, starting the debut of her tour. It was in a small little auditorium connected to one of the colleges. She ran across the stage, saying hi to some of her fans and taking their hands in her's. She looked incredible.

Brooke isn't one to wear a lot of make up or dress in fancy clothes, but she did tonight. She had on a light layer of make up, too much would just sweat off. Kat applied mascara, highlight, and some lipstick to her, and as little concealer as possible. She had on one of her merch crop tops, black shorts and she was in boots with a big heel to them, but she wears them like it's the most natural thing to her. She told me she used to practice with her mom's heels around the house, she wore them out every once in a while but didn't always have a need to. Her nails were painted as well, they were bright blue, matching Kat's title cover for Blue Roses. 

She lifted the mic to her mouth. "Hello Nevada!"

The crowd cheered in response. 

"It's so good to be up here, gotta admit though, I'm kinda nervous," She laughed. The crowed laughed while some said "I love you" and "you're doing amazing!" or, "don't be scared!" She laughed, putting a hand to her heart.

"You guys are so sweet, I want to start off by saying, thank you so much for coming out here to support me! I'm really excited to be doing this, and so surprised at how many places have sold out with tickets, I wasn't expecting this much of a reaction!" She paused to take a breath. "I also have a fun surprise for the tour that I'm revealing tonight, this person is going to be performing with me tonight, Kat can you come out here please?"

The crowd screamed and Kat ran onto the stage waving to everyone and blowing kisses. She walked up to Brooke and the two embraced excitedly.

"Hey everyone!" Kat greeted into her mic. The crowd screamed in return, I glanced at Sam who was grinning from ear to ear, obviously proud of Kat. I felt the same way about Brooke.

"Kat is going to be performing with me during the WHOLE TOUR! I'll obviously be soloing for most of it, but we'll be singing Blue Roses, and couple of covers together, but enough talk, I think we should get started," Brooke looked at Kat.

"Hell yeah!" Kat laughed. Brooke quickly put her mic down and jogged over to her violin, which was sat on a chair on the back of the stage, it had a amp plugged into it, and she put a mic on around her ear. 

They started off with Blue Roses. Kat and a couple back up dancers did the dance for the song, while Kat sang the lyrics, Brooke played her violin to match with Kat, and did back up vocals. Brooke told Kat ahead of time that she isn't coordinated enough to dance, so she stayed in the back, on an elevated platform with her instrument.

The crowd loved it, and sang along with her. After the first song, the two bowed, then the set changed. Some people brought a couple chairs up to the front, and Brooke grabbed her guitar, sitting down with Kat. Brooke plugged her guitar into the amp, checked the tuning, then introduced the next song--"All of the Stars" by Ed Sheeran. 

Brooke started strumming quietly on the guitar, and Kat began singing the lyrics. After the first verse, Brooke's voice came in through the speakers, and I felt myself begin to melt hearing her voice. 

She shut her eyes as she sang with Kat during the chorus, and a smile began to show on her face. She opened her eyes only to look at Kat and smile at her. She nodded her head along to the music, and her foot tapped on the floor below her. She swayed with the chorus, and over time, she became more comfortable being on stage like that, and relaxed completely, able to fully express herself.