Chapter 50

-Brooke-

A week came and went, Sam and Colby's friends from Kansas are visiting now, and they want to show them around some of the abandoned places of LA. I was at Colby's apartment with Bentley, watching him pack for the trip. They were going to crash at a hotel tonight and go to a couple more places tomorrow...but I was against it.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?" Colby asked.

"I'm sure," I confirmed. "Colby...please rethink this."

He sighed. "Brooke, why are you suddenly so freaked about me exploring? Is it because of the hiatus?" I shook my head.

"No, that's not it," I said softly. "There's going to be 4 of you, that's a pretty big group."

"6 actually, the Ireland Boys are going to be there too, they're visiting from Florida."

I winced. "That's an even bigger group..."

"We've gone in big groups like that before," He pointed out. I nodded and looked at him.

"Colby I'm worried that things aren't always going to be this simple. I hate to admit it, but you and Sam are getting too arrogant," I spoke. "What if the police show up?"

"We've gotten out of those situations before," He said, irritation showing. "Sam and I aren't getting arrogant."

"Kat and I both have talked about this, we're really worried for you both."

"I thought you were on board with my job." I sighed as he said this.

"I don't want to fight with you," I pleaded. "I just want you to listen."

"I am listening, Brooke, but I think you're over reacting." He put more bottled water into his bag and added a change of clothes.

"Over reacting?" I snapped. "Seriously? My boyfriend is going out to trespassing illegally on property that he's been to before and has almost gotten caught at, and now I'm over reacting because I'm worried?"

He stopped what he was doing and looked at the ceiling with a sigh. "I don't think we should continue this conversation."

I stood up off the couch and stalked over him. "I just want you to see this from my perspective."

"And I want you to see it from my perspective, Sam and I do this for a living, we're good at what we do. Why should we stop?"

"Because it's illegal!" I almost screamed. 

"So what?" He yelled back. "People do illegal things all the time!"

"Why do you have to do the same?"

"Because it's what we've always done," He scowled. 

"Why aren't you listening to me?" I begged. "Why aren't you just listening that I'm worried and really don't want you to do this?"

He didn't answer just continued packing, ignoring my comment. I huffed shakily as he did this. I touched his arm trying to get him to look at me but he ripped his arm away.

"Stop it, Brooke!" He yelled and I flinched back.

"Why?!" I screamed. "What if something happens to you two? Huh? What are Kat and I supposed to do?!"

"Leave it alone, Brooke," He warned.

"No!" I pointed at him. "I'm not dropping it!"

"I'm not changing my mind!" He argued. "You knew what you were getting into when you agreed to go out with me, if you're changing your mind then by all means, leave."