33-Part III

"I think to myself, so when you're 90 because the women in my family live forever. When you're 90 are you going to be sorry that you have an 89-year-old husband and you didn't get to do everything that you told yourself you were going to do when you vowed not to have children or a spouse. I don't know but I don't think so because I'd much rather be laying in Lindsey's arms watching an old PBS special of mine even though neither of us can see or hear than living alone with nothing to keep me company. 

"My life is a testament to believing that if you want something you can make it happen so hope springs eternal. Anything is possible. Yes, you will give birth to two beautiful children and still be able to walk on stage every night and not feel guilty about it, yes you will find a man that can tolerate your leaving for years at a time and doesn't complain about it. It's all possible.

"I know my marriage was arranged and my husband was paid 300,000 dollars to stay married to me for three years but here we are 27 almost 28 years later. That 300,000 dollars, was spent on making two beautiful nurseries when our babies were born and the rest was spent on brand new musical instruments for his classroom. Lindsey and I beat the odds and I am so happy about that and I love him so much." Stevie ends. 

***

When she walks into her house around eleven o'clock that night, she can see the glow of the TV from the entranceway. Their dogs, Sulamith and Mana-Stevie's Chinese crested Yorkies, and Gibson-Lindsey's American Bull Dog greet her at the door. She squats down and pets all three of them before taking off her shoes and making her way into the kitchen. She pours herself a glass of red wine and follows the hallway to the living room. 

Ethan sees her first with his brown straight shaggy hair and his puppy dog brown eyes and he hops off the couch and wraps his 5'11 frame around his mother. He stinks, as he's still wearing his football practice gear but she won't complain because it's rare for her to get a hug from her baby boy. 

When Ethan pulls away Eva waddles her way up to her mother and wraps her arms around her as well. Eva is gorgeous with Blonde waves and bright blue denim eyes like her father. She's 5'3" still on the short side but she scrunches down to mold into her mother completely.

"I'm hurt that you tried to terminate me, but I'm glad you didn't." She says into her mother's neck. 

"My God, am I glad that I didn't terminate you." Stevie kisses her head. 

"I love you, momma." She coos.

"I love you too my little bear." Stevie winks. 

The final one is Lindsey. He holds Stevie tightly and sways back and forth. He eventually kisses her and Stevie bites her lip. 

"Wanna go upstairs?" She asks her husband in a low whisper.

"KIDS WE'RE GOING TO BED!" Lindsey calls grabbing Stevie's hands and pulling her towards the staircase. 

Both of the kids groan because they know exactly what their parents are going to do and no earplugs can save them from it, so they just turn the TV up louder and try to drown everything out.