17

June 19, 1987

Lindsey was substantially enjoying his summer vacation this year more than he did last year because he had company. Granted most of his days during the week were looking at houses, but Stevie just wasn't happy with any of them. They didn't scream home to her like the one she was currently living in. And it was getting to the point where it was frustrating Lindsey. He was getting antsy and he was itching to start on a nursery.  

Lindsey walks into the kitchen and Stevie pushes towards him a plate of scrambled eggs. 

"Well thanks," He smiles going over and kissing her cheek. 

"What do you think we need from the store?" Stevie asks finishing a word on the notepad.

"Well, what do you already have written?" Lindsey questions. 

"I read in a pregnancy book that I have to start stocking up on healthy things which is fine-I normally do, but it pushed me to write out blueberry yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, bananas, celery, peanut butter, mixed nuts, string cheese or cheese cubes, frozen vegetables, salad, and meat." Stevie states. 

"Alright, so let's try bread, tortillas, bagels, eggs, milk, stuff for lunch." Lindsey smiles. 

"Oh yeah." She laughs. 

"So are we grocery shopping today?" Lindsey asks.

"After we go to a house viewing." Stevie stands up straight and gives Lindsey a kiss. 

"Where's this one?" Lindsey asks.

"Just down the road a ways."Stevie wraps her arms around him from behind and just lays her head on his back. That's what she's said about all of the houses which means it's about fifteen minutes away. 

"What's the matter?" Lindsey asks. 

"My pelvis hurts." She whines.

"Are you sure you want to tour a house and go grocery shopping then?" Lindsey asks.

"Yeah, we need to we're out of food, As for a house, we're getting to close for comfort." Stevie states. 

Stevie had been experiencing what her doctor calls SPD, Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. Her pelvis is being knocked out of place and she's gone to physical therapy once a week to deal with it. Her doctor says it's nothing to worry about.

"If you're sure, maybe when we get back I'll give your lower back and belly a message him?" Lindsey asks.

"I'll take that." Stevie nods. 

***

When they pulled up to the driveway, Stevie's hand automatically found Lindsey's and he smiled. He had a good feeling about this one. They went up the walkway and met their realtor and Stevie was giddy. Lindsey just laughed to himself and wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"So this is a six-bedroom house, with several bathrooms. Here's our entryway and your first bathroom, it's a half bath. Here's your staircase that takes you upstairs, we'll go up there in a little bit. To your left is the kitchen." He points and they walk-in. Lindsey's eyes go wide Stevie's sparkle. 

The floor is black tile and the counters are white. The countertops are black marble looking quartz and the walls are white tile with Stainless steel appliances. The island in the middle of the kitchen has black wooden chairs with white cushions on it. 

"Lindsey this is so much better than our kitchen now." Stevie states. She's got a point their kitchen now is granite on granite and it's brown and bland. Elegant, but bland. 

"It is nice. I like it." He kisses her cheek. 

"Right through here is the dining room." He leads them to a nice dining room, but what grabs Lindsey's attention is the view to the back yard. 

"Mr. Buckingham, what's catching your eye?" The guy asks.

"I mean that view is lovely and where the gate ends...I mean, it's going to be a bitch to cut but that area of grass will be great for Ginny and the baby. You could have a nice garden and I'll have a killer pool." Lindsey states. 

"Well let's go this way to the living room. Here's your second bathroom in the hallway. This one is also a half bath. And you're living room." 

Stevie looks around and she shrugs. It's not her favorite room in the house and Lindsey can see that the dark blue walls probably being the catalyst. 

"White, the walls would have to be white," Stevie says and Lindsey nods...he knew that. 

"Right in here, is an office." 

"Lindsey you would so benefit from this, answering emails you could you hold your department meetings in here" Stevie hugs him tightly. 

"Oh, what do you do?" The realtor asks.

"I'm a teacher." Lindsey gives a smile. 

When they get upstairs the go all the way back to a set of double doors. 

"This is your master bedroom. There are two walk-in closets, and an ensuite bathroom" The realtor opens the doors up. 

"Oh Lindsey, this is amazing. Look we could put our bed over here, a dresser That big one we have with the eight drawers. I could have my little vanity over in this corner and we could do like a little sitting area. Which door is the bathroom?" Stevie asks.

The realtor opens up another door for them and Stevie walks in. The floors are almost in a marbly tan tile, much like their kitchen now. There is a clawfoot tub and a walk-in shower, and a double sink. 

"Oh, Lindsey this is marvelous, And there's a spot where we could put like a little shelving unit for towels, washcloths, and soaps and everything." 

Stevie is in her own little world designing the house and he knows that they're probably going to place a full-priced offer on this house. Especially when she exits the bathroom and sees the balcony over the backyard. 

But what takes the cake is when they walk into the bedroom straight to the right when they walk out of the double doors. Stevie's hands come up to her mouth and she has to gasp. 

"What Stevie?" The realtor asks.

"It's perfect for our baby." She says. 

The walls are already painted a light grey and it's a nice size with a smaller walk-in closet with crown molding. Lindsey just smiles and kisses her head. 

They glance through the next four bedrooms and the two other bathrooms on the second floor and then as they walk out the realtor just turns to them and holds out his hands. 

"7, 825, 300 dollars. What's going through your head?" The realtor asks. 

"We're going to talk about it on the way to the grocery store and I'll give you a call later today. I really want to put an offer in on this house...I really do, but I don't know if I want to go in over or full-priced." Stevie states. 

"I would suggest over. This house has been on the market for a few months now and I'm sure that if we put in under they'd let you take it, but if we want to ensure it, I'd say go in at full price or over. I also know though, that another realtor is going to be by here with another family in a few hours so." He states.

"Well, I'll let you know as soon as I can, thank you so much." Stevie shakes his hand as they climb into their car.