20

Eva Catherine Buckingham came into the world on October 2, 1987, at 3:00 in the morning. She weighed six pounds even and eighteen inches long. Her eyes match that of her father's and though her hair has Lindsey's curl to it, she has honey-blonde hair much like her mother's natural hair color.

Stevie and Lindsey knew they needed to get some sleep but they weren't going to. Stevie had to wear a stupid uncomfortable pad-adult diaper-and her uterus was still contracting. But she had her baby in her arms and she had her knees pulled up slightly to her chest. Lindsey was holding her to his side, also admiring his little baby who was dressed in a pink and white striped sleeper when Stevie just starts crying. 

"What's the matter?" Lindsey asks. 

She just shakes her head and Lindsey kisses her temple. "What, come on tell me?" 

"I almost killed her." Stevie cries her head falling onto his shoulder. 

"But you didn't. She's right there in your arms breathing. Wiggling." Lindsey states. 

"I just...I feel so bad because she's so sweet and beautiful and..." She cries and bites her lip.

"Sara would be eight right now." Lindsey sighs. 

Stevie just nods and Lindsey wraps his arms around her tighter. "Steph, she's looking down at you right now smiling. Sara knows why you did what you did, and I'm sure she loves you just the same. Right now she's probably thrilled because she'll get to watch you with her baby sister." Lindsey tries to soothe her. 

"Are you sure?" Stevie sniffles.

"I'm sure." Lindsey nods as Eva starts crying and Stevie looks down at her. 

"Oh little bear, what's the matter?" Stevie sniffles bouncing her gently. 

"I think she's hungry Angel. I'll go get her a bottle." Lindsey says.

"Alright, we'll be here." Stevie rocks her baby. 

"Alright Eva, you've gotta go easy on us. Momma and Daddy are new to this whole parenting thing." Stevie coos to her daughter who is still crying in her arms. 

***

November 24, 1987

Thanksgiving was right around the corner and she was freaking out slightly. She had all she needed for the meal and she was ready to cook it all, but she was stressing because everyone would be to their new house the following day and instead of cleaning it and getting the guestrooms ready, she was taking her daughter to a well-baby appointment. Which she needed to do, but it was their first well-baby except for the one she had right after birth and she was a little weary about going alone because of the paparazzi, but she took a deep breath and did it anyway. She had a personal driver that she paid a heaping amount of money, and she made sure that he installed a car seat in his SUV for moments where she had to go by herself. 

With her daughter in her arms covered by blankets and blankets, she made her way into the doctor's office. Stevie had to bite back tears twice during the exam the first was when her daughter screamed while she was getting her shots but all she could do was hold her close and kiss her little head. The second time as it was a well mommy appointment as well-was when the doctor had to examine her Vagina and give her a pap test and all the fun tests that come with going to the Gynecologist and her lady parts were still tender and sore which her doctor expressed was normal. 

After the appointment, she had the driver take her to Lindsey's school. She was slightly nervous to take Eva there given all of the germs and nastiness but it was close enough to the end of the day where she was willing to venture into the germ-infested building.