5

She was up at six, she didn't like being up at six but Lindsey told her they leave at 7:15 and she really wanted to go to school with him. 

She did her makeup and fluffed her hair before pulling on a white long sleeve teeshirt and tucking it into the waist of her bell-bottoms. When she got downstairs Lindsey had his bagel all ready and the coffee percolating. His suit was thrown over the island and Stevie laid her stuff out on top of his. She didn't know what to wear, he simply told her that she had to dress nicely, so she picked something out and she hopes to God that what she chose doesn't come off as trashy. 

"Want a bite?" He asks when she walks into the kitchen, pushing the paper towel where the other half was sitting towards her. 

She looked at it and then grabbed his wrist, pulling the piece in his hand up to her mouth. She didn't know why all she knew was that she was trying to be flirty. 

"Alright then." He chuckles.

"What do you want in your coffee?" Stevie questions.

"I like my coffee black...like my soul." He states as she smiles and pours his travel mug for him. She makes up her own and then grabs a banana from the fruit bowl on the island and the pair make their way to the school. 

She has to check-in at the office and she bites her lip staring at Lindsey. "Stevie Nicks-Buckingham, she's my wife but she's helping me with a lesson today." He tells the receptionist.

"Oh, are you bringing back your artist lecture series. The kids used to love that. The older ones would always gossip about what cool musician you brought in that week." The receptionist asks a twinkle in her eyes.

"Kind of, No...I don't know. I would like to, but there aren't many artists that I can still classify as student appropriate and I don't know if Mick would appreciate me bringing someone who isn't in. I'm treading water with this one..." Lindsey points to Stevie who playfully slaps his bicep. 

"Well, you guys have a good day." She waves as Lindsey leads Stevie to his classroom. 

She doesn't know why she's nervous it's a bunch of little kids but she is and it's freaking her out. Lindsey can see the nervous look on her face as soon as they walk into his classroom, and he doesn't something he didn't think he ever would. He grabs her hands and kisses them. "You'll be fine." 

It's only been a week since the Carol incident at their house and after he wrapped his arms around her that night, she kept feeling the need to go back and glue herself to his body. She had been a lot more handsy and he has been a lot more handsy. If they're sitting on the couch together, she'll curl into his side or throw her feet over his lap and sprawl out. When they went and got the Christmas tree, they held hands, or she clung to his bicep and after they decorated said tree she made him take a polaroid with her. She wrapped his arms around her biceps and the hand that wasn't holding the clicker was clasped on top of his forearm and she was smiling up at him were as he was smiling at the camera. 

She was pacing around the room when Christine walked in and Stevie smiled.

"Well welcome, We didn't' properly meet. Christine McVie." She holds out her hand.

"I'm Stevie Nicks, or Stephanie Buckingham, Stevie Buckingham, Stevie Nicks-Buckingham, whatever you want to refer to me as." Stevie shrugs and shakes her hand. 

"I think Stevie Nicks is fine, Linds are you ready for tonight?"  Christine questions.

"I'm never ready for the night, and it comes twice a year. I'm prepared for it but I'm not ready for it." He sighs setting up for his lesson.

"Well, you Mr. Guitar God always do great," Christine smirks.

"Yeah, yeah...guitar god." Lindsey sighs.

"So Stevie, are you ready for tonight?" Christine asks.

"I think so, I'm excited to see the artwork and listen to the music. I really do truly believe that all kids are good and talented at singing and art and all of that but it's the parents who don't let them feed the talent, and they lose it." Stevie shrugs, sitting on Lindsey's desk. 

"I'm beginning to like you already." Christine smiles. 

They exchange pleasantries for a while and then the bell rings and the nerves wash back over Stevie. "It'll be fine." He stands behind her and rubs her shoulders kissing the back of her head. 

Half days work a little differently than a normal Friday. He has all of his same classes but they're in half-hour increments. His first-class walks in and Ms. Phillips, the assistant teacher mouths good luck and he snorts. 

As the kids are seated on the floor, light chatter fluttering through them he claps his hands in a rhythm and the kids finish the rhythm. Mouths zipped and hands clasped in his lap. It's his older kids one of the fifth-grade classes. 

"Hello!" Lindsey says.

"Good Morning Mr. Buckingham." They chorus together.

"That never gets old. Alright, so I know that we have the concert tonight. On Monday you guys sounded amazing and I decided that I wasn't worried about you. The last half hour of the day today we'll all be gathered in the gym to practice Silent Night, our closing song, but today because I feel so satisfied with you guys, I'm going to do something that I haven't done in a while. How many of you like rock and roll music?" Lindsey asks a slew of hands shooting up. 

"Good, how many of you have heard of Stevie Nicks?" Lindsey asks.

only a handful of kids slightly raise their hand but there's on by the shoots his hand up and starts waving it frantically and Lindsey makes direct eye contact and nods. "She's so cool. My mom absolutely loves her and she says that her favorite song is Rhiannon and she even named my baby sister after that song." 

"Well...It just so happens that today we're going to talk about Stevie Nicks." He wiggles his eyebrow as whispers go around the room. 

He presses play on his CD player and I Can't Wait,  filters through the speakers at a decent volume. Stevie starts singing along from her perch on the desk and one girl turns her head and gasps. 

"Mr. Buckingham she's here." 

Lindsey lets the song play through and then stops the CD player and he opens his arm for her. Stevie walks into it and waves at the kids before wrapping her other arm around Lindsey and gently giving him a squeeze. 

"So, she is here. This is Stevie Nicks...You see I got married in August, and I just so happened to have married Stevie Nicks and she agreed to come to meet you all today and talk to you. Does that sound good?" Lindsey asks.

The kids nod. "Alright well, where do I begin?" She stands at the front of the room leaning against the board. 

"How'd you get into music?" Lindsey asks.

After Stevie gives her talk and the class leaves she looks at Lindsey a giant smile etched onto her face. "They love you Steph." He laughs.

"I guess they do." She lightly shivers.

"Are you cold?" He asks.

"A little. But I'll be fine." She replies crossing her arms over her chest. He shrugs off his red and white flannel and holds it out to her.

"Oh, I don't want you to be cold." She shakes her head.

"I'll be fine." He replies. 

She slips it over her shoulders and she inhales gently. It smells like sandalwood and spice and she has to shake herself out of the feeling bubbling in her because another group of kids is walking in.