9

Just like the year prior she joined Lindsey at school on the half of day, but instead of changing in separate rooms they were changing in the same one this time. The two weeks that she's been home they've been inseparable. And they've spent more time in bed together than out of bed.  Stevie pulled on the red tight-fitting dress and Lindsey chuckled walking over to her.

"Zip?" He asks.

"Zip." She nods moving her growing out hair out of the way.

He does and then he wraps his arms around her from the back and kisses the side of her head. 

"I'm going to wear the shawl." She smiles turning around in his arms and throwing her arms around his neck. 

"I was hoping you'd actually wear it, it's been draped over the lamp in the living room for a while." He laughs.

"it has yeah, but I'm going to wear it. I bought this dress just for it, the long sleeves and the v neck I think it will make the shawl pop." Stevie kisses him.

"Well I think it looks really good, now we've got to get a move on." Lindsey pulls away. 

She buckles her strappy black sparkly stilettos on her feet and wraps the shawl around her arms and they walk towards the gym. Stevie exchanged pleasantries with John and Christine when a very tall man approaches her as she's looking at a student's artwork. 

"I know you aren't one of my staff members, and I don't think you're a parent." He states.

"Um, Stephanie Buckingham, Lindsey's wife." She smiles. 

"How did he end up with Stevie Nicks? Mick Fleetwood, I'm the principal." He holds his hand out. 

"Well, it's nice to meet you...I don't know how he ended up with me, I guess it was just destiny." Stevie shrugs as arms wrap around her shoulder.

"Mr. Buckingham, we were just talking about you." Mick smiles. 

"All good things I hope," Lindsey laughs.

"Well, nothing bad. How long have you been married?" Mick questions.

"A year. We've been married a year." Stevie grins wrapping her hand around his bicep. 

"How come I haven't met you yet then?" Mick questions.

"I was at this event last year. But you did call me by my stage name I'm going to assume you know what I do for a living and if you do know, you know that I've been on tour for a while." Stevie smirks. Mick was giving the eyes and she didn't like it very much. 

"Well, it was lovely to meet you, I think it's about time we get started." Mick shakes her hand again and walks away. 

Stevie finds John and now four-year-old Daniel. They share a quick greeting and she makes herself comfortable next to them. They make small talk and eventually, Carol takes the mic and begins. During intermission, Stevie watches as Carol wraps her arms around Lindsey's neck in the back corner. Stevie can see the angry uncomfortable look on Lindsey as he fights to try and get away from her. Stevie slams her clutch against John's chest and she marches over there. John and Christine share a look and John has to stop himself from snorting a laugh. 

She wraps her hand around Carol's bicep and angrily yanks the woman away from her husband.

"Bitch, what is your problem?" Carol whisper yells.

"My problem is that you're being handsy with my husband...mind your place," Stevie growls attaching to Lindsey's waist and glaring at the younger woman over her shoulder. 

Carol just sneers and walks away.

"I've never had two women fight over me. I kind of like it." Lindsey smirks kissing her quickly before making her way over to the stage to finish off the evening. 

When they got home that night, Stevie kisses his cheek several times and he just stops and stares at her. "What's going on in your pretty little head?" 

"I don't like her," Stevie states crossing her arms.

"You don't like her, I know that. I'm just surprised you were brave enough to do that. Last year, when you first met her you looked like a wounded puppy." Lindsey brushes his thumb against her cheekbone.

"I don't know what happened, I just didn't like it and it made me angry." She huffs letting Ginny out of her cage. 

"Well, I will tell you that I don't have feelings for her." Lindsey gives her a kiss. 

"Prove it." Stevie sighs biting her lip.

"I'll feed Ginny and then I will, how does that sound," Lindsey smirks.

"I'll go get ready. Your room or mine?" Stevie questions. 

"Well, I've never been in your  wing of the house." Lindsey smiles.

"Sounds good, I'll meet you in my room, I'll crack the door so you know which one it is." Stevie wiggles her eyebrows before running up the stairs. 

***

When Lindsey woke up the next morning, In Stevie's bed,  her hand drawing shapes on her chest he rolled over and turned to her. 

"You know I think I like your bed better than my own." He sighs hoovering over her and brushing his thumb against her temple. 

"You know, you could move your stuff into my room." She smiles. 

"Are you sure, I don't want to invade your space." Lindsey shakes his head.

"Lindsey, we're married. I know at first this was an arranged marriage and I know you still may want to leave in two years but, we...we might as well do this marriage thing the right way." Stevie sighs shifting and wrapping her arms around him.  

"Are you sure?" Lindsey questions.

"I am sure." Stevie straddles him and starts kissing down his neck. 

They stayed in bed for most of the day and it was around three when Stevie threw her bathrobe over her shoulders and flew down the hall to Lindsey's room and he watched her as she started hauling his clothing into her bedroom and making room in her closet. 

"You're really serious about this." Lindsey laughs.

"I am really serious about this and I've been sleeping in your room with you since I got home and I really hate your bed," Stevie replies coming out of the walk-in closet. 

"It is slightly old." Lindsey smiles crawling out of bed and grabbing at his boxers that were discarded on the floor. 

"Lindsey, I'm...I'm happy you know. At first, I wasn't, but it's been a year and I'm, I'm happy now." She grins wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm happy too." he laughs.