Happily Ever After - Drarry

Harry looked up at the ceiling and blinked slowly. The fluorescent lights stared back down at him almost accusingly.

"Don't look at me like that," he muttered.

"Like what?" Someone said from the doorway of the hospital room.

Harry turned his head slowly and smiled. "Hello, Draco."

Draco sighed and stepped into the room. "Good morning, darling."

"Is it morning already?" Harry asked, bemusedly. "Funny, time loses all meaning here."

Draco's smile was strained. He set the flowers down and sat down on the bed. He smoothed the covers and avoided Harry's eyes.

"Where's Scorp?" Harry asked.

"He's at Ron and Hermione's. I thought- it might have been too much to see his father like this." Draco swallowed thickly.

Harry frowned. "He's not a baby anymore, Draco. He deserves to know the truth."

Draco took Harry's hand. "He's only 6, Harry. And...I can barely handle the truth myself."

"Oh, Draco." Harry struggled to sit up.

"Don't hurt yourself!" Draco cried, hands flying to steady him.

"It doesn't matter anymore."

"Don't say that. You've beat this before and you'll do it again," Draco said as Harry fell back against the pillows.

"Draco, it's different this time. I don't think..." Harry looked away. "I've already come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to make it."

Draco bit back his tears. "I don't- I don't want you to leave."

"It was going to happen eventually," Harry sighed. "I didn't think I'd make it this long anyway. I didn't think- I didn't think I'd ever get to marry a man that I loved or have such a beautiful son. I never thought I'd get to see the day that I had a family."

A sob escaped Draco and Harry took his hand again. He pulled Draco's arm weakly until Draco lay beside him.

"I'm sorry I'm leaving you so soon," Harry murmured into his husband's hair.

"I have had ten wonderful years with you Harry Potter, don't you dare apologize."

They sat in silence for a little bit. It wasn't the first time they'd sat in a hospital room, curled against each other and praying that the worst was over.

"How long do we have?" Draco asked, breaking the silence.

"The doctor says a few days. Maybe a week if we're lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how I feel."

"We were never going to have our happily ever after, were we?"

"You knew that when you married me."

Draco swallowed and looked up at his husband. "Yeah, but I did it anyway."

"God forbid anyone ever try and stop you once you've got your mind set on something," Harry laughed and kissed Draco's forehead.

Draco smiled and kissed him softly on the lips. "You always managed to keep me from trouble."

They both laughed, remembering the days between hospital visits, when they were younger, before adulthood and their son, Scorpius.