Drunk - Drarry

Harry had seen Malfoy vulnerable before.

He'd seen him shaking with grief and terror, his wand extended with the intent of murder. He'd seen him in his act of vicious cruelness more times than he could count. Hell, he'd seen him splayed out in a pool of his own damn blood, barely clinging to life. 

But he'd never seen him like this. 

He was leaning against the wall of the bathroom with a stupid grin etched on his face and a bottle of firewhiskey cradled in his arms. 

"Hello, Potter," Malfoy giggled.

Harry blinked. He'd never seen Malfoy look so- happy. Carefree. It made him look younger and- if Harry was being honest- prettier. Not that he wasn't already pretty. God- Harry was such a useless gay.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked dumbly. 

Malfoy giggled again and took a deep drink from the half-empty bottle. "That's my name."

"What happened to you?" 

Malfoy cocked his head, his lips tilted in a coy smirk that Harry had never seen him make before. "Isn't it obvious? I'm getting absolutely shitfaced!"

Harry walked over cautiously as if approaching an animal and reached out. "I'm taking this," and he reached for the bottle of firewhiskey.

Malfoy gasped and lurched away. "No!"

"Give it."

"No, it's mine! There's a party out there, go get your own!"

The music and chatter pounded outside the door, and Harry had come to the bathroom to escape it. It was a celebration of inter-house unity and the fast-approaching end of their final year of Hogwarts.

Harry sighed and pulled the bottle away without much resistance. Malfoy squawked indignantly but slumped back on the wall, too drunk to properly fight back. 

"Arse," He muttered.

"Speak for yourself," Harry muttered. "Are your friends here?"

Malfoy screwed up his face in thought. "Blaise left awhile ago, either to hook up with somebody or to pass out somewhere. Pansy's back at the common room seducing some poor Hufflepuff girl."

Harry sighed again. "I'm taking you back to your common room."

Malfoy let out a noise of protest as Harry knelt to help him to his feet. "I can still bloody stand on my own, Potter." He stumbled to his feet, wobbled a bit, almost fell, and put an arm on Harry's shoulder to steady himself. 

"Are you sure about that?"

"Shut up, Potter."

They made their way out of the bathroom and towards the door of the Room of Requirement. Burn marks still marred the walls and floors, and Harry doubted they'd ever truly come out. He was shocked that the room still worked at all after the fire that had ravaged it the year before.

Thankfully, no one noticed the former enemies as they stumbled towards the door. Harry kept a tight grip on Draco's shoulders and tried to keep his pounding heart under control. It wouldn't do either of them any good if he's stupid crush was revealed now, when Draco was too drunk to even stand. 

Draco stumbled as they walked down the hallway and let out a high-pitched giggle. "This is fun, Potter. We should hang out more often."

"Sure, Malfoy."

"Call me Draco. I hate my father's name. Draco is mine, and not that bastard's."

"I'll call you Draco when you call me Harry."