Chapter 17

Taylor POV

Our date was perfect. I was gonna spend the night but my parents called and said I had to come home because I hadn't spent a weekend home is almost 3 months now. It was true I had spent every weekend at Laurens or over at Marys. I kissed Lauren goodbye and left to go home. I was looking forward to this weekend. I was going to tell Lauren about college.

I had told her that I was going to the same college as her, it was just an hour away. That wasn't the thing I had to tell her. I was still going to college but I was gonna take all my courses online and get a job at a photography place that was in my town. They had seen my work from somewhere and they wanted me. I was going to turn it down but they said they had just lost there best photographer for a bigger business that pays 15 dollars an hour instead of that places 12.50. They said they would pay me 10 an hour for the first 2 months then see it I was worth the 12.50, if I was good enough it would be the 12.50. I said I would take the job once school ended and they agreed.

I need to tell Lauren but I didn't want to ruin our night  I was going to tell her tomorrow but I had to go home. This wasn't something you said over a call or text. I walked through the door of my house and heard yelling. What the hell? I ran towards my sisters room and stayed quiet. Then it hit me. Mom was gone. Step was here with my Father. I ran up the stairs and busted through the door of her room.

"Taylor! Help me!" Step called from underneath my- no this man. His pants where around his waist and Steps cloths where ripped open. I ran over and kick the man over. "Step! Get cloths and go get in the car!" I said walking over to the man on the ground. I kicked him again and punched him in the face. "Doinf this to me was one thing! Doing this to Step just made you a dead me!" I said and so at in his face and kicked him again. I walked out the house and got in my car and drove off. I didn't even think where I was taking Step until she asked where we where at when I pulled up at Laurens apartment. Damn it. I was so used to going to her house when I had a problem. "Wait a second." I said and grabbed my phone.

T: Lauren. Me and my little sister are coming over.

L: Oh. Wait nothing is wrong with that but I am kind of not wearing anything and why?

T: Well change that. And my father.

L: oh shit well I will but on cloths and come on up. I'll be dressed then.

T: okay and she doesn't know about anything okay.

L: I know.

I hung up the phone and got out the car Step did to. "Okay Lauren is a friend of mine. She has her own place. We will stay here till mom gets home okay?" I said looking at the frightened girl. "Come here." I said and pulled her into a tight hug. "Taylor?" She said and looked up at me. "Yes?" I said looking down at her. "Did he do that to you too?" She said as a tear fell down her check. I just nodded and hugged her again. "Its okay. He will be gone soon." I said and kissed her for head. Just like Lauren did to me when I told her. "Come on. Let's go see Lauren" I said and lead her to the older girls apartment.