Unexpected

After showing grandpa the ropes I noticed the time. "Ah- it's that time already! Sorry I have to head home now".

"Time dose fly~ next time you come we can make some udon for the cold weather", he handed me a box with food to take home.

"That would be wonderful! Thank you for the food", I have a quick hug and left the shop.

"Take care of yourself", I heard him say is I left.

'He's the best grandpa of all time', I started walking to the alley way going up the fire escape.

Since I'm not use to every path way via sewer tunnels like my brothers I have to go down specific one's on certain streets, I was half way to a man hole near April's place when something in the shadows caught my attention.

'I saw something . . It was small', I looked around to the other rooftops trying to track what I saw for a faint second.

'. . . Listen and focus . . . ', I stood there for a few minutes waiting for something.

*shift-*, 'I got you now'. I swiftly went to the sound startling whatever was hiding making them trip with a loud *thud*, 'uh- so ... tiny?'.

The little thing held there hands out frantically, "p-please don't hurt me I-I didn't mean to I Swear!!!".

I tilted my head in confusion,"what did you not mean to do exactly little one?". I spoke in a soft voice, it was a child although I couldn't get a good look at there face since they had a hood on.

"Uh- I . . Well . .", they struggled to say anything more just fidgeting around.

"If you don't mind could you remove your hood?", i asked giving them some space. 'I can't tell if there a boy or a girl ?', I thought wanting to know more about the child.

"N-no you can't! Not allowed!", they said shaking there head at me.

"Alright, what about your name? Age? Gender? You look to small to be out here alone".

". . I-I'm a girl . . I'm 8", she said slowly.

"Your so young, . . And your name?", I noticed she stayed silent. "Do you not have a name?", she flinched at my words and shook her head 'no'.

"You don't have a name!? . . What about parents or someone you trust?", she kept her head down as I spoke.

". . . Do you want to come with me?", I squatted down to her level holding out my hand.

"I don't even know you so why would I go with you! . . Are you a kidnapper or something", she said with a bit of tension and fear.

"Wa- no! It's just- . . Look, I was like you once and I had no were to go . . Thanks to this nice old man I had a home again and he took care of me . . In a way I see myself in you believe it or not", I slumped down to the floor cross legged in defeat.

"Like me? H- how old were you when that happened?", she asked curiously.

"I was two years older then you", I said sweetly.

"So were you abandoned? Run away? In the system? . . Gasp! A gang mem-", I cut her off.

"No I wasn't a gang member! And no to everything else to . . I was dumb and went down a big hole but instead of finding a Goat mom It was a noodle shop guy".

"Wha- What is that suppose to mean".

"Looks like someone doesn't play video games", I murmured.

"So were not the same. .", she lowered her head.

"We're you one of the options you listed", she nodded. ". . Was it the first one", she nodded 'yes'.

She hugged her knees, I couldn't get a good look but her hands were so small for an 8 year old. "When's the last time you had a good meal?".

"I don't remember honestly", her stomach growled at the word meal.

I giggled lightly,"I was planning on having this later but you look like you need it more then I do". I passed her the food grandpa gave me.

"R-really!", i nodded and she scarfed it down nearly choking on the food.

"Easy, it's not like it's going to vanish if you don't slow down".

"By any chance dose the name Kraang mean anything to you or maybe this logo", I showed her the TCRI logo and she choked on the food.

*cough cough* "H-How did you know . . . Are you with them!?!".

"No, I was one of there "experiments" but I got away from them", she relaxed after hearing that.

"So . . You won't be surprised by what I look like then. . And you are the same?", she lifted her head at me.

"Yes I am like you in a way", I showed her my cat tail booping her hood with it making her laugh.

"Quit it that tickles!", she played with my tail as I kept tickling her.

After she ate she stood up, "okay, I've made up my mind! Your not a bad person Just slightly suspicious so I guess I'll go with you . . But first", she took off her hood.

"Nice to meet you uh- . . I don't think I asked you any questions at all?", she was small but very adorable she was a mix of different animals form the looks of it.

'The medium ears . . Like a fox yet she has small horns . . She's a beautiful silver color with the face of a bear almost. . I wonder if she has a tail.'

"hey . . Hello~?" She waves her little hands in my face.

"Oh sorry I was thinking how adorable you look other people wouldn't be so lucky", I patted her head.

"Thanks I guess? WAIT OTHER PEOPLE! There's more- no wait forget about that for now! I have questions too!", she said all over the place trying to find her train of thought.

"Your Name and how old are you! Also . . Others? And where are we going any way", she shot question after question.

"I'm (y/n), 13 turning 14 soon and the place where there's others is where we are going, anything else~", 'so cute'.

"One more . . Is there more food? What I ate wasnt enough", she said shyly.

"Hehe, of course now let's get going before some very scary people come find us", I took her in my arms and started walking.

"Wa- hey! I can walk you know!", she blushed at my sudden actions.

"I know you can walk, but can you jump and keep up with me? I don't think so", I started running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

"Wooooh! To High TO HIGH!!", she held on tightly hugging me.

"Your okay, as long as your with me I won't let anything happen".

'She still doesn't have a name? I mean she has one but there has to be a reason she won't tell me right? What should I call her?'.

As we made our way to the base feeling her warmth against me and holding on for what she sees as dear life I came up with a name.

" . . . Azu . . .".

"What? What dose that mean?", she peeked her little head up.

"It means bright or a long life . . That's what I want for you so . . What do you think? Can I call you Azu".

She looked at me in shock then giggled. "I like it, call me Azu".

—————————————————————

Chapter 26