Chapter 29

"Dad," i muttered.
The silence tension grew around the room atmosphere. The house still looked the same since the day I left.

"Rose," my mom stuttered. She seemed shocked by my entrance. I watched my dad slowly turned his head at my direction and stood up from the couch. He moved slowly towards me and smiled. He placed his shaking hands on my cheeks. "My daughter where did you go," he weakly stated. Fighting back the tears, I didn't know how to react. His seemed a lot different since I last saw him. He at least aged more from the looks of his Gray hair and calm emotions. He moved closer to me and hugged me tight. Tears rolled down to my cheeks. I held him tight also. "I'm sorry dad," i said repeatedly in between sobs.

"My little girl I missed you," he said rubbing my back.

__
I sat on the wooden stairs next to my mom. We sat there in silence.
"He has Alzheimer's"

"..Who?" I asked.

"Your dad." She quietly stated.

"Since when?"

Her eyes focused on mine. "I first noticed when he became forgetful in things he did. It scared me, so I decided to get him checked in. Then the doctors diagnosed him with the Alzheimer's disease."

I didn't say anything for a moment.

"So..what's going to happen to him now?"

"I don't know..he forgets little every single day. I'm glad that he still remembers us. Because that's really important."

"That's true" I nodded at her statement.

She rested her head in my shoulder.
"But I'm afraid that he'll one day forget us."

"mom."

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you would freak out and not Handle it well."

"Mom I'm pretty sure I can handle things well."

She glared at me in response. "well maybe some things but you should have told me at least."

She nodded. "I know. Sorry" she ruffled the top of head which messed up the front part of my hair.

"Mom!"

"Aigoo" she groaned while walking down the stairs.

Kiseop p.o.v

I waited on the couch for Rose's return. I watched her dad walk into the room, he looked around the room as if he had forgotten something. He walked towards me looking puzzled. "Have you seen Rose?" He questioned. I greeted him and replied "Yes. She's with her mother,"

He then nodded in reply. "Who are you again?"

"I'm in a relationship with Rose"

"Relationship?" He mumbled. I helped him sit on the couch next to me.
He asked me various questions on how I met rose. We seemed to get along well. I wish he we're like my dad because here dad is the type that listens. Unexpectedly he hugged me and patted my back. "Please take care of Rose, because she's the only one I got, apart from her brother who lives in the states." "Anyway you seem like a person I could put my trust in." He smiled and patted my shoulder. I noticed Rose coming the stairs fixing her hair. She smiled at me and followed her mom into the kitchen.

Rose P.o.v

I followed my mom into kitchen. She handed me a yellow paper and car keys.

"Here."

I looked at her for bit. "What's this?"

"Oh. That's the grocery list"

"Mom I just got here," The expression on her face changed. "And so."