Chapter 41

Rose P.O.V

I yawned and rested my head against the fridge in the hospital lounge. I technically had to get up early to drop him off at work. It's been a week already. The car rides with him had been awkward and silent. I stirred my cup of coffee and sipped it. It had a unpleasant taste in my mouth.

"Yah! If he's so rich why can't he buy another car! and why does is this coffee taste weird.. " I said pouring the coffee down the drain. I leaned against the sink and sighed.

"Talking to your-self again" a feminine voice outspoke from behind me.

I turned around and faced her. "Uh-Rachel, what do want?"

Rachel. She's been the head surgeon at the hospital. She's a single mom. I heard. She's well respected as a doctor. the turn off about her personality is...that..she doesn't mind her business. She's pretty much a noisy person. She's young and she's got the looks.

"Oh nothing. I just overheard you talking." She said pouring water into her cup.

"What do want?" I asked again.

A smile grew on her lips while she hooked my arm with her's. "I have this tiny favor. Can you please pick up my daughter again from school. I have surgery in a few minutes. Please?"

Her eyes glowed while she shook my arm.

"Fine, just because my shift is over soon." I unhooked my arm from her's and left the room.

--

"How come you always pick me off from school." The little girl asked.

"Because your mom is busy saving people."

"I know. That's why I like my mom." She said giggling while kicking her feet.

"Okay let's get into the car." I patted her head. I watched her run towards my car in the parking lot while my phone rung at my back pocket. I froze while I looked at the caller ID. It was Kiseop. I sighed and answered the call.

"Where are you?" He questioned.

"somewhere." I spoke into the phone.

There was a pause. "Hurry and Buy me food. You have five minutes to get here. If later than five minutes, I'm increasing the payment." He cuts off the call.

"Unnie!!" The little girl waved at me. I sighed and walked towards her. I crouched at her level. "Unnie has too make a little stop at the restaurant. If you agree to come with me, I might buy something for you."

She shook her head and smiled. I picked her up and placed her at the back seat. She quickly put her seatbelt on while I hurried to the driver's seat. I started the car and drove out of the parking lot. "Little Noona. We're also going meet someone."

"Who?"

"Ah..scary monster. He works in a big castle and he's becomes angry when see me. If he tries to be mean to me, would you protect me." I looked up at the mirror.

"Yes! I would protect you. Can I be a beautiful princess and a brave knight?"

I smiled. "You can be anything you want." I turned and smiled at her.

We later stopped at front of the building and then at the front of his office door. I held the food in my hand.

"Do you remember what you promised unnie?"

"Yes."

I handed her a lollipop. She didn't accept my offer. "What's wrong?" I looked at her. She lowered her head and played with fingers. "My mommy said I should sweet stuff. She said It's not healthy for me."