Chapter 13

I rested my head at the wall by the water dispenser. I listened to the sound of mouse clicking, keyboard typing and also machine sound from the water dispenser.

It's been 3 weeks. I felt so depressed. Jane walked towards me.

"Rose" she said shaking my shoulder.

"What?" I cluelessly asked.

"How long are you going to stay like this."

"I don't know...until he comes back..I guess." I said quietly.

"Who comes back?"

"Uh- no one..it's my dad" I said nodding my head. I tried escaping from her presence until I felt my arm pulled back.

"Is it kiseop?" She said darting her eyes at me.

"Why would it be him?"

"Rose! I know you quite well, I know it's him. Stay here"

I watched her trail back to her desk and placed her files on her desk. She returned back to me and grabbed my hand.

She pulled me up to the company rooftop. She released her hands from mine. She took her phone from her pocket and handed it over to me.

"You know his number call him"

"Uh-jane..It's fine. I don't want to bother him." I said handing back the phone to her. She took the phone from my hand and typed some buttons in, placing it against her ear.

"Hello. I'm i speaking with C.E.O kiseop."

My eyes widen at her statement.

"What are you doing" I whispered

"Doing something that your not" she whispered back.

I shut my eyes in frustration.

"Due to respect sir. What kind of person leaves a woman for weeks and don't say a word"

"Jane!" I shouted. I reached for her phone while she ran past me.

"Jane hand over the phone" I said chasing her around.

"She says she misses you"

I froze from hearing what she had said. I dropped to my butt fighting back the tears. Jane handed the phone back to me.

I brought the phone close to my ear.

"Rose?" I heard his voice through the phone. I was happy just to hear his voice.

"Yes?" I heard my voice breaking.

"Rose why didn't you call me if you missed me. You know I'm always here". I felt a tear drop rolling down my cheeks. I was scared to call him. I just didn't want to sound desperate.

"You are busy. I didn't want to interfere."

"Rose-

I pulled the phone away from my ear and placed it into jane's hand. I smiled at jane and trailed out of the balcony.

I bummed into someone on my way back and apologized. I looked up and noticed it was Eli. He held my shoulder and asked if I was fine. I nodded In response. I moved pass him and returned back to my desk. I gazed at my phone. I looked away and back to the computer screen.

**************

*A week later

I rested my head on my desk in boredom. I heard a slam on my table from the file folders.

"Stop slacking around and take this files to the C.E.O." Mr.Johnson said trailing away from my desk.

"Mr.Johnson"