Chapter 17

I spun around my chair and clicked my pen multiple times in Boredom. I groaned quietly. Jane quickly trailed her way to my desk. "What's up with you?"

Her voice brought me back to realization.

"What?"

"Ah...rose! You've been looking spaced out since today."

"No I don't" I said fixing myself into the chair.

"I might be guessing,it's him"

"Who's him?"

She took her file folder and smacked me on top of my head. I groaned loudly. "Hey!"

"Focus! And good day to you rose." She scurried her way out of the room. In frustration I fixed my eyes on the phone, hoping to get a call. I walked out the intern room.

I heard a few heel clicks down the hall. My eyes searched the noise. She wore a red dress. Her hair bounced on as she walked. Her black heels shimmered with light as she walked to the direction to kiseop office. She was the same lady I met the other day. What was she doing here again. I wondered.

I kept watch as I peeked at the corner. I watched kiseop walk out of his office and met her by the door.

"What are you doing here? I told you not to comeback here" he whispered loudly. She placed her hand on his shoulder, brushing it slowly. something seems off.

"Since I came back from Paris, you've been different. Why are you like this.."

"Jennifer I've told you. We have nothing going on anymore. You chose to walk out of our relationship. For the last time I'm asking you to leave."

I heard a few sobs. "I won't let you go, no matter what you say. I still love you...kis-eop" she said hugging him.

My eyes widen at her statement. I didn't know how to react. I had mixed emotions as I slowly made my way back to the intern room.

Later that day I returned home. I was welcomed by a sweet smell. I smell felt familiar, was it kiseop?

I trailed quietly towards the kitchen. "Mom?"

"Rose" she said wiping her hands on the apron as she hugged me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Yah!, you don't want me around" she said hitting me on my arm.

"Mom!!!."

"Or Were you expecting someone else." She said raising her brow.

"Mom!!"

"Speaking of someone. Where is your husband?"

"What... husband?"

"What do you mean what husband." She said hitting me the head.

"Mom!!"

"Hurry up Rose! I want to see my gran kids before I die"

"Mom..."

"Ah...hurry! Go wash up.

Later after my shower. I went back to kitchen and helped set the table. "So your seeing someone?"

"No.." I lied.

"Ah...this girl! Just take out the garbage. I don't want to see you"

I sighed and left her sight. I headed for the garage and pulled the garbage out the curb. Glowing Lights from afar glowed on the black garbage bag. I turned around noticing it was a car. I placed the bags by the curb.

I heard a door slam as I heard footsteps near me.

"Rose"

The voice was too familiar. I wasn't in the mood to see him. He placed his hands on shoulders. "Rose, why aren't you picking up my calls. I came because I was worried."

"Well I'm fine. You can go home now." I said leaving his presence. He later ran in front of me blocking the door. "Rose, is something wrong."

"No. I'm just tired today. just go home it's late."

He peeled away from the door. I went in and locked the door from Behind. My mom rushed in front of me. "So who was the man at the door?"

"No one important" I said heading for my room.

_________

I didn't want to work today. Eli walked into the room and made an announcement. A woman walked into the room as well. It was a lady with Kiseop yesterday. I looked away in frustration. "Everyone this is Jennifer. She would be working here from now on."

My eyes glared at her direction in being surprised. My slowly hands clenched tight.

Who the hell is she!. She's not working here right?!? It must be a lie. I thought to myself. "Please make her feel welcome."

"Welcome?!? Welcome my ass"

I suddenly grew angrier every second I saw her.