Chapter 20

*2 days later

I sat on the floor with beer cans surrounding me and half eaten food. I haven't gone to work for 2 days because I called in to say I was sick, even though I wasn't.

I was home and depressed. I haven't received any calls from kiseop. Jane called me many times and begged me to come to work. I just ignored. My mother wasn't home. There's no way I would drink in front of her. She's gone for a week to visit a friend in town.

I brought my knees up to chest and brought the beer can up to my lips.

KIseop P.O.V

I sat on bed, looking at my phone. I haven't received any calls from her. I heard footsteps near the door. I looked up and the doctor walked in.

"So how are you doing sir"

"Fine." I responded

He walked over to me and looked at my arm. He quickly changed the wound bandages and replaced it with new ones.

I looked up at him. "Do remember any woman bringing me to the hospital."

He looked back at me. "Yes. Two women."

"Did one have long hair and short hair."

"Oh yes. But I don't remember their names."

"Does the name rose and Jane sound familiar to you."

"Yes, yes. Jane donated some blood to you and I think the woman Rose was looking for you. But she left early."

I bit relived that Rose was here. I heard clicking of heels near the door. Jennifer appeared at the front of the door. I glared at her for a bit and back to the doctor.

"When can I be discharged?."

"By tomorrow or earlier enough today."

Jennifer walked into the room near my bed.

"Can I be discharged today."

"Yes. As soon as I get your medication in."

He smiled at me and exited out of the room.

I looked up at Jennifer.

"Why are you here."

"You've changed. Haven't you." She said raising her voice.

I ignored her and picked up my phone. She took the phone from my hand and threw it on the floor. The phone was laid by corner broken in pieces.

"What the hell is wrong with you. You haven't changed either yourself." I said.

I stood up from the bed and walked past her shoulder.

"Are you like this because I left."

I paused for a moment. "No. I accepted you leaving to study overseas."

"Then why are you like this." She spat back.

"You really want to know,well Since it became a year since I last saw you. I bought a plane ticket to visit you, to make sure I got there on our anniversary day. Just to surprise you."

"Kiseop.."

"Then I lost interest in you when I saw you leave your apartment with a man."

I turned around and looked at her.

"Kiseop-

"And I thought if that woman actually loved me. But I guess not. I spent my time selling newspapers and worked my butt off at a family restaurant just to buy a ticket and to visit a woman I loved. The working didn't matter to me. What mattered to me most was..you. And I thought that was love."

"Kis-

"After that day. I hoped you would just call me once and you never did for four years. Four years Jennifer!" I said between sobs. Seeing a tear drop falling from her eye to her jaw.

"Are you back because I'm now successful or did you come back because you actually love me?" I said holding her shoulder.

She didn't say a word. I slowly released my hands from her shoulder. "I guess not."

I left her presence and existed out of the room.

*2 hours later

Rose P.O.V

I knew i was drunk because I was unable to stand. I heard the door bell ring multiple times. I groaned loudly and crawled my way to the door. I opened the door while I kneeled on the floor.

My eyes caught a pair if black shoes. I looked up slowly looking up at the person. Surprising it was kiseop.

Kiseop p.o.v

I got out of the hospital quickly and headed to a phone booth, since my phone became destroyed by Jennifer.

I was still in my bloody clothes from the accident. I inserted a change in and called Rose. But she wasn't picking up.

I inserted another change in to call jane. She picked up. I thanked her for saving my life and asked if she contacted Rose. She told me she haven't seen Rose at work for the past 2 days. I hung up the phone quickly and waited for a bus.

As soon as I got to Rose's front door. I rang the door bell. The door opened slowly revealing Rose on the floor. I saw sliver empty cans laying on the floor, which showed that she was drinking.

Her eyes met mine. She held my legs tight, sobbing into my pants. "I'm sorry."

I picked her up quickly and closed the door behind. "How are you doing? Are you hurt anywhere," She wrapped her arms around me, almost squeezing the life out me. "I'm glad your alive. Kiseop"

"Rose, too tight." She then released her hands from me and cupped my cheeks while she tried keeping her balance.

"I'm sorry" she said pouting out her pink lips. She started crying again and looked at my injured arm. I looked down at my arm noticing blood slowly forming a red stain through my clothes. The doctor didn't fix it well. I sighed. I held Rose in a steady position to keep her from falling.

"I'll go get the first aid kit." She said.

I walked her over to the couch.

"Stay here I'll go get it."

I went into the kitchen and grabbed the box. I returned back to the living room seeing Rose passed out in a awkward position. I looked at the beer cans on the floor. She really drank a lot. I positioned her well and draped her body with a blanket. I sat on the couch next to her as I opened the first aid kit to clean my wound. I heard a loud burp coming from behind me. I laughed quietly.

"Kis..e..op"

I turned around quickly and smiled. I loved the way she said my name even though she's sleep talking.