Epilogue

{Alara's POV}

I sat in the waiting room nervously. Today was my doctor's appointment where Evan and I would get to finally see the baby. It was still early and it would be a while until we knew the genders but I was excited...a little nervous but excited nonetheless.

"Would you stop biting your nails?" Evan asked, pulling my hand away from my mouth.

"I'm sorry I do it when I'm nervous or anxious," I mumbled.

"Luna Alara." A voice called out.

I looked at the nurse motioning for me to come back.

Evan and I stood up, following her to my room.

"Go ahead and lay down and the doctor will be in soon for your checkup." I nodded, getting situated on the chair.

Evan took a seat on a chair next to me and took my hand in his.

"Deep breaths. Everything is going to be fine." I nodded waiting for the doctor to make her appearance.

Finally, minutes later, she walked in.

"Luna Alara, how are you?" She beamed, shutting the door behind her.

"I'm great."

"Okay, so how about we get started? I'm sure you're eager to see your baby."

"Very."

She asked me a few questions about how I was feelings and the symptoms I was having.

After a few minutes and putting stuff into her computer, she said she was ready to do the ultrasound.

I lifted my shirt and Evan squeezed my hand as she squeezed some gel onto my stomach.

She placed the tool against my belly and started moving it around as she stared at the screen.

"Everything is looking good, but I do have some...news you probably didn't expect." my heart dropped.

"Is the baby okay?! Is something wrong?! I—" she cut me off with a small laugh.

"Everything is fine, Luna Alara. I promise. Although, it looks like baby number one has some company."

"Come again?"

"You're having twins, Alara." She turned the screen pointed to the little dots on the screen.

"What the hell, how can you even see them?" Evan mumbled causing the doctor to laugh.

"I should have known...I'm a twin after all," I mumbled.

"Ah, so it runs in your family?"

"Yes, it's apart of a...coven thing."

"I see. Well, I'll give you two the room to talk. I'll go ahead and set you up another appointment and get some vitamins ready for you. Congratulations. I'll be back in a few minutes." She cleaned the gel off my stomach and made her exit.

Once she left I turned to Evan. "Two?! TWO! I can deal with one but two at the same time?! Oh god..."

"Alara, relax. Deep breaths. We knew this could be a possibility. You're a twin after all."

"If I'm having twins...that means they're going to be witches and since the werewolf gene is always dominant then they will be hybrids. We are going to have to raise two hybrids at the same time. That is terrifying."

"We can do it. We are some of the strongest people there are."

"Oh god, how will the black magic in me affect them?! I mean I know how to control it but they don't! They will—" I stopped talking when something crossed my mind.

"She knew."

"Who did?"

"The Goddess. Before she left Alec and me...she said she would be watching over the three of us. I just thought she meant me you and Alec but...she knew. She knew I was going to have twins. It's also why she didn't let any more black magic enter me."

"She is the Goddess after all. She sees everything."

"So maybe black magic won't affect them but just their magic. Only a bit of black magic will be with them since I contain most of it. It would make them—"

"Powerful." Evan finished with wide eyes.

"What does this mean?"

"It means we have a lot of teaching to do," he told me and I sighed, closing my eyes.

"This next generation of kids...from all our alphas and lunas are going to be so powerful." I pointed out.

"It's safe to say no one will be messing with the wolf kind." Evan joked and I snorted.

"You don't say." I mocked.

"Come on, let's talk to the doctor so we can go home. "

As I got up to go with Evan to meet the doctor, I only had one thought on my mind.

The next generation of kids from each luna and alpha...are going to be something else.

But that was years from now...now it was Evan and me raising the family we thought we would never have.

And for that, I'm more than blessed.

_____________________________________________________________

It's over :(

Thank you all who stayed with me through the process of this book. It took a lot of time and effort but I'm glad that it's finally done. That way so many more people can read it. 

NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES: The Rampant Bond. 

The rampant bond is a standalone. 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

See ya in book 7 ;)