Chapter Twenty-Two|| Walkers

{Alara's POV}

"Okay, Alara, this is only going to hurt...a lot." The witch grinned and I gritted my teeth. 

The witches joined together holding hands and started their chant. The screams in my head grew louder and I groaned, grabbing it. 

"Stop." I cried out. "Please stop!"

They didn't listen and continued their chant. 

I screamed out, black smoke leaving my mouth as if I was possessed. 

The dark magic was breaking from the ties it had on my soul. Each break was worse. 

I jolted awake from my nightmare as I heard a crash. I groggily looked around, trying to wake myself up. 

"Did you hear that?" Evan asked, sitting up beside me in bed. 

"Yeah...it woke me too," I mumbled. 

The nightmare was fresh on my mind, but I pushed it aside as I got out of bed to go check out what happened. 

"No, you stay here. I'll go check it out." Evan spoke, rising from the bed as well. 

I nodded, not in the mood to say otherwise. 

I walked over to our window looking out seeing the moon shining bright in the sky. The stars shined brightly, but just looking outside and hearing the screaming of the wind gave me goosebumps. 

Something wasn't right. 

"I didn't find anything." Evan spoke, walking back into the room. 

"What the hell was that then?"

"I have no idea."

He shut the door back and not even a second later there was a knock on our bedroom door. I looked at it warily as Evan slowly walked back over to it and quickly threw it open. 

Alec jumped a bit from the sudden movement. "What are you doing up here, man?" Evan groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. 

"Did you all hear that crash or was it just me? I also heard someone walking around downstairs."

"That was me," Evan stated. "I heard the crash and went to check it out but nothing was out of the ordinary."

"Weird," Alec mumbled and looked over at me and raised a brow. "Do you feel it too?" I nodded. 

"Feel what?" Evan asked confused. 

"Witches get an eery feeling whenever something isn't quite right. Typically when there is another presence near us that not one that is good." 

"So someone was here," I added. 

"We need to go check it out again," Alec spoke and I nodded in agreement. 

The three of us walked downstairs, looking around. Nothing looked out of place or broken so I had no idea what the crash could have been. 

"That's so odd," I mumbled as I looked around with Alec and Evan. 

"Is it?" A voice spoke and I jumped, grabbing onto Evan. 

Out of the shadows, a familiar face walked. The walker; shifter. 

Evan growled, his eyes turning to that dark grey that scared many. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

"I came to see a new power that has entered this pack." He spoke, his eyes on Alec. 

"I can show you just how much that power wishes to destroy you as well," Alec warned. 

The Walker chuckled. "Cute, but I'm not here. I mean..I am here but this is only your mind playing a trick on you. Just like how I wiggled into Alara's mind that one night. A game of I like to do." 

"Get out of our minds and our house." Evan snarled. 

"You know...if King Christian didn't have you on a leash I may just fear you, but unfortunately for you, I don't."

I laughed. "Oh, the things I know that you don't." I threw at him and his smirk faltered some. 

"And what is that?"

"And where is the fun in that?" I asked and bravely took a step towards him. "You see, there's this little game that I like to play. It's called cat and mouse and you, my pal, are the mouse." I seethed. 

"Am I now? Are you sure about that?"

"Oh, I'm positive. You think I fear you...you think that the reason I haven't tried to kill you yet is that I'm scared. Truth is, I have nothing to lose. I do not fear you, a pathetic excuse for a supernatural being, because I am Alara Lavender and I do not fear anyone. It just takes time for the most gruesome plans of mine to come into play." I smirked and reached out, grabbing his arm. 

His eyes widened as he tried to jerk away but I held on tighter. "That's not possible. I'm not really here. I-"

"You screwed with the wrong people." It left me confidently and I smirked. 

"You may be good at mind games, but I am the one who has mastered them. Know your spells before you try to screw with me. Next time, I'll pull you fully here and let you see just how powerful I truly am." I gritted out. 

I pushed him away from me, chanting a word with the raise of my hands...he was gone. 

"What the hell just happened?" Evan asked. 

"He wasn't really here it's an easy spell to learn. Think of him being here like a hologram." I explained. 

"But you were able to touch him?"

"He didn't do the spell right. That's why we heard the crash because when he came in, he expected to just transport his soul here not him with it. He was trying to see us without us knowing it. That's why he showed himself because he knew he screwed up. He still had a way to leave and completely vanish but it takes an actual witch to be able to do the spell fully." Alec added. 

"All this witch stuff confuses me," Evan grumbled. 

"On another note, Alara that was quite...bold of you." Alec mused. 

"Because I've decided to no longer fear the unexpected. With those voices in my head, it makes me be on edge less. I was able to actually try to put fear into him since I don't feel that fear from the black magic currently with it being locked away. Plus, I meant everything I said. I'm sick of fearing myself. I'm Alara Lavender, and I'm going to embrace it." 

Evan smirked a bit. "I like the sound of that."

"Does this mean...?"

"We are going to go after him with all we've got. He wants to see my power? I'll show him just how much power I have. I'll annihilate him." I shook my head. "I'm sick of being the mouse in this game. It's time I go after my prey." 

_______________________________________________________________________

ALARA IS BACK AND READY. SHE AINT GONNA TAKE NO ONE'S SHIT!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What do you think will happen next?

Want another chapter? Go to inkitt (link in my bio) to read the next chapter for FREE!!

^^ Inkitt does not have a new chapter yet. This chapter was wrote awhile ago because I have to have one chapter ahead on inkitt but you all deserve a chapter for waiting so long. 

I hope to have a new chapter soon when I get all these issues worked out thanks.