Chapter Twenty-Five|| Anger

{Alara's POV}

It had been many days since our encounter with the walker. I don't know if I actually put fear into the man or pissed him off.

Both were highly likely.

Though, my mind hasn't really been on him surprisingly. It's constantly been on Alec and if he can really undo the spell he cursed me with.

Children were such a dream for me. I never knew I'd actually have a chance at being able to have one...or some. Evan might have been even more excited than me, which is hard to do.

I could see it in his eyes at how bad he wanted a son or daughter. There were times I remember us just laying in bed years ago saying 'what if'. What if we had one? What if it was a girl? What if it was a boy? What would we name them? How many would we want? Why us? Why were we the ones cursed with something so heartbreaking and why did it have to be my own brother out of all people who did that to us?

Spells were tricky. I thought I could find a loophole, after all, all spells have one somehow some way...or so I thought. I never could break it.

The simple truth was: Alec was the only one that could. He was the one that could reverse it. It was a powerful spell by a powerful man and he created it to his own liking. It was one no one could undo or even understand. Alec had always been like that when it came to spells.

I just hope he remembers how he did it exactly to be able to reverse it. That is if he is actually trying to.

God knows I want nothing more than to have my own child in my arms. I'd give anything to have that.

I currently sat in my reading room just staring out the open window. Books laid out in front of me. I was supposed to be looking for more spells to use against this walker, but I couldn't find any.

I thought about him for a moment. Why was he wanting my powers so bad? It's not like I am the only Lavender still alive. There were Alec and Scarlett. So why me?

Was it because of the black magic locked up inside of me?

It angered me. I was through with my old life and wanted nothing more than to be a normal witch and live my life accordingly.

But no, someone just has to march into my life and cause anger to swirl within me. I wanted nothing more than to kill the sick bastard.

I was going to.

I clenched my fist as more angered swirled within me. Anger that needed to be let out.

I haven't let my anger out in a very, very long time.

But I couldn't. Not until I find out how to kill him. How to completely and utterly end him.

I will wipe him from existence.

I started to close the books in front of me when my reading room door flew open and in ran a panicked Alec.

"What's wrong?" I quickly asked, standing to my feet.

"Rogues. They're surrounding the perimeter and they're not alone." he rushed out.

"Who are they with?!"

"The Rowan coven."

"They just won't give up," I growled out.

"What do they want?"

"Us."

"Lovely," I grumbled.

I walked with Alec from the reading room and we headed towards the training field where Evan stood commanding our men and women to get ready to fight.