Chapter Eighteen|| The box

{Alara's POV}

"Alec, this is my coven. Maya, Sarah, Darren, Michelle, Scarlett...this is my brother Alec."

I figured it was time that my coven met the man I used to tell horrid stories about. They couldn't believe he was alive when I told them, and I myself still find it hard to believe. 

Alec looked them over. "It's nice to meet you all." 

I couldn't help but notice the skeptical looks they gave him, including Scarlett. I couldn't blame them. It would take time for them to get used to being around him. 

"So, why have you called us here?" Darren asked and I sighed. 

We all sat at the conference table in my reading room. 

"I've mentioned the walker that has been...terrorizing me before. It's time we do something. I can't sit around and wait for him to come for me. I just can't."

"Why now? You were all about trying to stay clear of him." Scarlett spoke. 

"Because he wants her powers." Alec butted in. "And he will get them if we do nothing. He has been sizing her up this whole time."

"Funny you're the one pushing her towards danger." Scarlett snapped, looking him over. 

"I'm not doing this right now

"I'm not doing this right now. I know you guys have every right not to want to trust me and I'm gonna save the whole 'I've changed' speech for later. My problems and my past don't concern you and they never will. I don't expect you to understand the circumstances between me and Alara, but do note that she is willingly having me here and not trying to kill me so that says something."

It was silent after that. I sighed, shaking my head. "Guys just...please let the aspect of our past go for the time being. I need us to work together. We are the only ones that can stop this man." 

"Correction, Scarlett, Alara, and I are." Alec added. 

"Wait...what?"

"Only one of the original covens can stop a walker since we aided in creating them." I clarified. 

"So what are we supposed to do?" Michelle asked, folding her arms. 

"Help in finding a solution. We need to read up on them and find everything we can about them. I need to know exactly which walker we are dealing with considering there are only four in existence." I stated. 

The group seemed to question the thought. I knew bringing Alec into this problem wouldn't help, but we need him just as much as we need each other. He's smart and powerful and knows just about everything when it comes to spells. 

"Okay, you heard her." Scarlett sighed. "Let's get to work." I gave her a look as to say 'thank you' and she smiled in return. 

Everyone got out of their seats and started grabbing books off shelves. 

"Remember what we taught you. Using spells to search keywords in books can help shorten the length of reading." I reminded. 

Hours passed as everyone sat in silence reading and writing things down. The full moon shined bright through the window signaling just how late we had stayed up. 

"I think I have something!" Darren was quick to note and everyone's attention snapped to him. 

"What is it?"

"A spell. It's powerful, but it mentions weakening any supernatural power. From what I can tell it's spelling a knife and stabbing them. If we could do that to the walker, we can weaken him enough until one of you guys can kill him."

"That's the thing. We don't know what can kill him. We don't even know if that spell will weaken him. With walkers, there is always a loophole to magic." Said Alec. 

"Why?"

"Because we created them to keep witches in line. A dumb move." I growled out. 

Darren slumped in defeat. "Well, should I write the spell down just in case?"

"Here, I'll do it. I can look over it more. I'll understand it better since it's more powerful than what you've dealt with." I told Darren who nodded, handing me the book. 

"Good idea, some of those words I do not understand yet." he joked. 

I laughed, placing the book on the table before me and grabbed a pen and some paper. When I looked at the reading my heart stopped. 

I haven't even looked at spells this powerful in a long time. I slowly started writing it down but as I said the words in my head, I heard them: The whispers. 

They were faint but terrifying. I kept writing as I tried to mash them down, but it felt as if something was crawling up my spine. 

I stood up abruptly as a hard whisper went through my mind saying my name. My chest rose heavily as I panted as if I just ran a mile. 

"What is it?" Scarlett asked worriedly. 

"I-" The whispers turned to screams and I groaned, grabbing my head. 

"Oh hell," Alec mumbled standing to his feet, rushing to my side. 

He grabbed the sides of my head and started chanting a spell. The screams started quieting down but weren't leaving my mind. 

"Blood is coming from her eyes! What are you doing?!" Scarlett screeched. 

"Get me a bowl and a knife now! Alara we have to do the boxing spell now. They're trying to take over again. They got a taste of magic, even through just reading one." he stated and it all made sense. 

I knew it...I knew with just one look at a spell strong enough, it would bring back the old feelings and memories of my once unstoppable state. 

"Please, make them stop!" I sobbed. 

Through blurred vision, I saw Alec slice his palm and blood poured into a bowl. I could barely hear the spell he was doing because of the voices. 

He looked out the window and the full moon was at its peak. 

"This is gonna hurt, sis."

His dipped his hand into the blood and wrote something in blood on my forehead and started chanting. I screamed in pain as did the voices in my head. 

But slowly, they started dying. It felt like hellfire was breaching me inside out. 

Then there was nothing. 

Silence. 

I let out a breath of relief as did Alec. 

"What the hell just happened?" Maya asked and I groaned. 

"I need to confess."

________________________________________________________________________

OH SHITTTT

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Remember the coven? Maya, Sarah, and Michelle along w Darren :)

Scarlett came back in whoop whoop you get to see the QUEEENNNN. 

What do you think will happen next?

Thoughts on Alec?

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE