Chapter Five|| A Coven

{Alara's POV}

I waited patiently for Scarlett to show. Life had been good since Scarlett had come into my life. Even though we started out on a rough past, we pulled through. When Christian first had me snatched from the center I had spent years in getting help, I was furious with him. I didn't want to help the man that locked my mate away and I tried taking that anger out on Scarlett, which I'll regret each and every day. 

I'll never forget the day she became our coven's leader. She finally was getting better with magic and since she held the most power, I decided she should take over being a leader. We met up with some witches I knew and soon after the next coven was created. She was a natural with leading, speaking she is a queen. 

"Sorry, I'm late." Scarlett's voice brought me from my thoughts. 

"You're fine." I stated and she nodded. 

"What did you need to see me about?" 

"Do you remember when I went to help Octavia and Mason?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, when I was there I saw someone when I looked into their beta's mind," I looked down at my hands. "It was my brother." her eyes widened. 

"But you killed him?"

"I know, that's why I think it's a shifter. They can peak into your mind, even if it is for a short second, and figure out your worst fear then use it against you. My brother is my worst fear, and they have been messing with me ever since. They think this is some...game."

Scarlett seemed to be in thought. "When was the last time you saw them?"

"Yesterday. They were here at the pack but they left nothing behind not even a scent." 

"I can do a reading on you? See if I can get anything on them, but tracing them will trace back to some memories they saw. You sure you want to do that?"

"Let's do it. I need to find them." I confirmed. 

"Alright. Sit still." she walked around behind me before gently placing her hands on the sides of my head and my eyes immediately shut. 

It was like going down memory lane, literally. Small glimpses of certain memories flashed through my mind as Scarlett inspected each of them trying to find something the shifter left. 

The memories stopped on one I'd wish to never relive, but that didn't seem to be the case at the moment. 

I ran as fast as my legs would take me. 

"Stop, Alara!" Alec yelled. 

I panicked trying to run faster. He had found me. I knew he'd come for me sooner or later. Evan's pack provided protection he didn't dare to pass, but the second I stepped out of it, even with hiding my location, he came for me. 

I suddenly regretted going to see my Aunt. I should have just stayed within the pack!

Something flew past my head causing me to let out a screech. Out of nowhere vines shot out of the ground wrapping around my feet causing me to tumble to the earth's hard surface. 

"I warned you and you still didn't listen!" Alec yelled as he approached me. 

I tried to use my magic to get the vines off me, but they wouldn't budge. He was too powerful.

Why wouldn't he just let me be happy for once in this pathetic life?!

"Let me go," I growled out, thrashing around to try and get loose. 

"Mother would be disgusted with you. You chose a wolf over family."

"You're delusional! I didn't choose anyone. You're the reason I don't come home anymore. You're freaking insane, Alec. You're overbearing and possessive and I'm sick of it. And who are you to talk about my mother?! You killed her." 

"No I didn't!" he growled out but didn't bother to further explain. 

"Piece of shit," I mumbled and in seconds I levitated from the ground and was in front of him as he held me tightly by my shirt. 

"I'd watch your tone."

"Go ahead," I taunted. "Kill me like you killed our mother. You selfish bastard." anger washed over his features and he tossed me back into the dirt. 

"I'm trying to help you!" he stated, turning his back to me as he crossed his hands behind his back. 

A rock laid next to me and I leaned over grabbing it before he could see and hid it behind my back. He turned back around looking me over and shook his head. "You're not destined to lead our coven, I have no idea why they would choose you." 

"Because I'm not crazy."  he tightened his jaw, walking towards me and squatted down. 

"You haven't even seen crazy," he spoke looking at me with a disgusted look. "There's a lot you don't know about this family, Alara, and you'd be best to stop sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. If it helps you sleep at night you can think I killed our mother. But let's just say...there's no such thing as a perfect fam-" he didn't have a chance to finished before I rose my hand smacking him across the head with the rock. 

He groaned, falling backward. I quickly hit him again in the head and again and again as I screamed and cried. Blood started splattering all over me, but I couldn't help it as I continued to smash his head in. 

"Alara...ALARA!" I was ripped off him in seconds by Evan. 

"What are you doing?!"

"Killing him!" I screamed, looking at his bloodied, still body. 

I reached out mumbling a certain word and in seconds his body went up in flames. I let out a harsh breath as black smoke emerged flying above the flame and in seconds it all turned back and entered me. 

I dropped to my knees as power surged through me. A darkness I've never felt. 

"Alara? Speak to me, baby." Evan rushed out worriedly. 

The emotion I previously felt was stripped from me. I felt...numb. 

"Let's go home," I stated, rising to my feet, tears gone dry. 

Evan looked at me with a confused look. "You just killed your brother."

"And?"

I brushed past him. 

I gasped as Scarlett let go of my head and looked at me with wide eyes. "T-that was when the dark magic entered you; changed you...after you killed your brother." she rushed out and I looked away from her gaze. 

"That was the day everything changed." I mumbled. 

___________________________________________________________________________

AH SNAP

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT

NOW YOU KNOW HOW SHE GOT INVOLVED WITH DARK MAGIC

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE