Chapter Twenty-Seven|| Backstory

{Alara's POV}

A meeting with my coven was needed and that's where we currently were.

"So you think the Goddess created the wolves?" Darren asked confused.

"Obviously," Evan mumbled and I shot him a 'don't start' look.

"Well, I'm sorry but we don't have the same God." Darren retorted.

"I just always heard it was an unknown witch." Maya piped in.

"Yes, I did too. It was all I was taught until I was mated to Evan. He worships the moon goddess. I worship a different God. We all do, so I never thought about it. But it makes sense. If she created the wolves and just whispered a lie that some witch did, no one would ever know."

"Except for the wolves?"

"Except for the wolves," Evan confirmed.

"Witches and wolves don't mingle much, so it was an effortless plot she created. Then if she created the four walkers to keep each pack in line, it makes even more sense."

"But you also think she created four to keep the original covens in check."

"Yes, that would be correct."

"So she created the ultimate being. Someone that can take any power and benefit from it." Michelle asked.

"Yes, until one stepped out of line and continued to. They got greedy and their power kept growing." I replied.

"So why doesn't the Goddess stop him?" Sarah asked.

"Maybe because she fears him. If he can siphon any supernatural power, what stops him from taking hers? Then we'd all be doomed." Alec mumbled.

"He has a point." Evan agreed.

"So let me get this straight. No normal witch created the wolves, the moon goddess did. Then she created four walkers to keep the first four packs and the first four covens in line. One walker for each coven and each pack, which means each walker is dealing with watching over two supernatural groups. That would get old, doing the same thing over again. Then that leads to wanting something more than just supervising..." Darren started and my eyes widened a little.

"He wants to feel as if he's a god himself," I mumbled, finally putting the pieces together.

"And what person can give him the power to destroy anything in his path?" Darren added.

"Alara," Alec answered.

"Because if he gets Alara's magic with the dark magic...he'll have the power of one Lavender twin on steroids, which means..."

"He'll come for Alec next."

Evan quickly leaned forward from his slouched position in his chair. "That's why he's working with the coven. They may think he is helping them by them getting Alec and he gets Alara, but once they have Alec and he has Alara—"

"He'll take Alec as well. He's playing them." I stressed.

"And they are eating right out of his palm." Alec snickered, shaking his head.

I ran a hand through my hair completely stressed.

"If he gets both our powers and whatever power he has had over the past hundred years...he'll be unstoppable."

"He could quite literally go after the Goddess himself. Maybe this is all a plan of revenge about her. Once Alara popped up on his radar, he immediately had the ultimate plan. One that would win above all." Evan growled.

"So what's the next step then?" Sarah asked. "Do we call upon the Goddess? Do a spell to reach out to her? What do we do?"

"You all leave that to me. In the meantime, I want you to search for everything you can about the goddess. I want to know everything I possibly can before I try reaching out...if that will even work."

"What will we do if this doesn't work?" Michelle asked.

"I would say pray...but you know." Alec teased.

I don't know how he feels so calm right now, but then again...that's his coping mechanism most of the time.

"We'll figure it out. You're dismissed." I stated and they stood, saying their goodbyes, and left.

"Do you think this could actually work? Reaching out to her?" Alec asked, more serious.

"No...if I'm being honest," Evan replied. "She answers what she wants to and if it's about something she screwed up on, I doubt she'll wanna chit chat."

"Well, we have to try something." I sighed.

"I know and we will...it doesn't hurt to try calling upon her. I'm just warning you to not get your hopes up."

"Do you still believe in her?" Alec asked Evan and Evan leaned back in his chair thinking about it.

"I didn't use to after I got locked up, but I did pray every night in that pit. I prayed for forgiveness, a second chance, to see Alara, you name it...I prayed for it."

"And?"

"And...look where I am today. Next to my mate and was given a second chance."

"Holy shit," Alec mumbled and I looked over at him confused.

"What?"

"What if this is all her plan to stop the walker?"

"What do you mean?"

"Alara got black magic, was locked up, but then there was a random war with the hunters, so the king let her out. Alara got on somewhat of a good side with the alphas and lunas after the war and they asked her for her help in finding the mole within the War Pack. She saw the walker and he locked his target on her. Alara is now out to end the walker and she has the power to do so speaking she was the only living lavender descendant at the time with black magic still within her. Seems a bit coincidental to me."

"Well, I'll be damned," Evan mumbled thinking it over.

"If that's the case...well then, do I have some words for her."

__________________________________________________________________

I know, a short chapter. 

BUT if you want the next chapter for early access, CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER ON INKITT FOR FREE!!

^Yes free and by clicking the link and going to read the chapter you help me earn money just simply by reading it:)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE