Chapter Thirty|| A night to ourselves

{Alara's POV}

I sighed walking back into our room. The night had come to an end thankfully and we were back home.

I kicked my heels off, instantly feeling relief from the suffocating shoes.

"Alpha Jackson told us a lot tonight," Evan mumbled, pulling off the jacket to his suit.

"Yes, I know."

"Do you believe what he said?"

"Alpha Jackson is a smart man, Evan. How can I not? What he said made perfect sense."

"Yet you have no idea if any of it is true. We're talking about the Goddess here, Alara. The Goddess."

"Yes, Evan, I'm aware."

He ran a hand through his hair in thought.

"I'm tired so I'm going to shower and head to bed. Would you like to join?" I offered and Evan's eyes snapped to mine.

His eyes darkened as a small smirk made its way onto his face.

"Alara Lavender...are you offering what I think you are?" he teased.

I let out a small laugh. "Take it as you want, but..." I turned my back to him. "Unzip me?"

"With pleasure," he growled.

His hands found the zipper, pulling it down and the dress became loose.

I let it fall to the ground, stepping out of it and turned to face him with a smug look knowing I was wearing no bra underneath.

"You're gonna be the death of me." he groaned, grasping my hips and pulled me to his chest.

His hand caressed my cheek as he stared into my eyes. "You're beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled up at him and leaned up, pressing a kiss to his jawline.

A growl rumbled within his chest and I let out a squeal as he swept me up into his arms and made his way to our bathroom. He set me on my feet and started to unbutton his shirt.

The lustful look in his eyes as he watched my every move made me bite my lip.

"What'd I tell you about you biting your lip?" he raised a brow and I grinned taking a step backward as I hooked my thumbs into the sides of my thong, pulling it down.

I walked into our shower, turning on the water and soon his arms wrapped around my waist as he placed a kiss on the side of my neck.

"I think it is time for my mark to be on you again," he spoke, placing a kiss where it used to be.

Sometimes I forget after Christian killed him for the short minute, it erased his claim on me. Even after he was alive again, it never came back.

"Please," I nearly whispered out.

I gasped as one arm wrapped completely around my waist, pulling me tight against his form. His free hand gently pressed my head to the side, allowing him more room to dip down and place another kiss.

He nipped at the spot, causing a moan to leave me. Evan growled in response, loving the sound.

"Relax," I felt his canines scrape the spot and before I knew it, his teeth sunk into my neck.

I gasped, feeling hot pain. It wasn't as blissful the first time he marked me. There was a small feeling of pleasure but with it came immense pain.

"Evan," I whimpered.

He pulled back, running his tongue along the mark to heal it.

"It's done. I'm sorry, I should have warned you about a re-marking. It isn't as lovely the second time around."

I turned to face him. "It's okay...it doesn't hurt now. Just...the bite was more painful than the last."

He raised his hand, running his finger along with it. Goosebumps danced across my skin.

"You know what I just realized?" he mumbled.

"What?"

"We were still able to mind-link."

"What?"

"We mind-linked without my mark on you. That's...not possible and I only now just realized it." my eyes widened at the thought.

"Oh wow...how?"

"I have a feeling that the moon goddess has her eyes on you more than we realize. It wouldn't have been possible without her."

The idea made me want to speak to her even more.

"But, none of that right now," Evan spoke, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I have my beautiful mate standing in front of me with water dripping off her making her look sexy as ever and not to mention the fact my mark on her makes her look completely ravishing."

"She's a lucky girl." I joked.

"Oh she is and I'm about to show her just how lucky she is." he dipped down, crashing his lips onto mine.

I gasped as my back hit the tiled wall of the shower, which gave him the opening to deepen the kiss. I moaned, wrapped my arms around his neck.

His hands traveled down my thighs and eventually grasped the back of them, pulling me up to where my legs wrapped around his waist.

He pulled back for a second, our breathing was out of control and his eyes were completely darkened. "I quite like this position." he mused, a devilish grin upon his face.

"I can tell." I winked.

He chuckled but all my amusement left when his hips rolled, meeting mine.

My head fell backward as I groaned at the feeling.

"Time to practice." he chuckled.

I raised my head, giving him a dazed look.

"For what?"

"For the family we're gonna have."

My heart jumped in my chest at the thought and I was quick to reach forward, slamming my lips onto his.

________________________________________________________

OH SNAP

Want the next chapter? Click the link in my profile to jump onto inkitt to read the next chapter for FREE. Doing so helps me earn money :)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

What do you think will happen next?!