Chapter Three|| Talk to me

{Alara's POV}

"You can't be with a wolf you're a witch!" Alec yelled as I ran from his wrath that was soon to happen.

I panted trying to make my way to my Aunt. My brother had just gotten home from a meeting with a coven when he discovered the news of my new mate.

I yelped as a force hit me from behind knocking me to the ground. I was pinned beneath my brother in seconds as he held my arms above my head.

"How could you betray your own kind?!" he yelled.

"I did no such thing!" I yelled back.

"You're choosing a wolf over your coven! You're choosing him over me!"

"I just found out, Alec! I haven't even had a minute to process the whole situation! Would you get off me?!" I struggled beneath him.

I didn't understand why he was taking this so hard. I get he was my brother and the thought of his sister leaving was upsetting and yes we sometimes despised the wolf kind, but what was causing all this outrageous behavior?

"Enough!" my Aunt's voice yelled and in seconds my brother flew away from me and rolled across the ground with a groan.

"Get yourself up." my Aunt said hovering over me.

I groaned taking the hand she held out and pulled myself up, dusting the dirt and grass off me.

"What is going on here?" she demanded.

"Alec is going insane!" I yelled, even though it was something we all knew for years.

"She is leaving us."

"She is not doing anything yet, Alec. Stop this nonsense. Just because she happened to be mated to the alpha says nothing. If anything you should be happy for her. This could be a new life for her."

"Happy for her?" he scoffed. "She's slumming it with a wolf...I'm anything but happy."

I gritted my teeth taking a step towards him when my Aunt put her arm in front of me stopping the movement. "Both of you, knock it off right this instant. What would your mother think of this?" she asked and my heart clenched at the thought of her.

"I don't know, Alec, what would she think?" I growled out and he rolled his eyes.

Bastard killed his own mother and doesn't even care.

"It was an accident, how many times do I have to say it?!" he nearly yelled.

"Because it wasn't! You're a greedy little-" my Aunt covered my mouth before any other words could come out and make him even madder.

"Dinner is in an hour, both be cleaned up and ready. Any more words from either of you and you're grounded. Understood?"

Neither of us replied as we stared one another down. "Understood?!" she yelled causing us both to flinch.

"Yes ma'am." we muttered.

When she made her way back into the house I saw a smart glint of that evil rage in his eyes. "You're going to regret this. If you leave with him...I'll take something you'll both want away." he growled out marching off towards the house.

Take what exactly?

I gasped sitting up for air as my heart was beating rapidly. That familiar distortion started to happen with my vision and my breathing became harsh. Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't do anything but grasp the sheets around me as the panic attack became a full on episode.