Chapter Seventeen|| Fury

{Alara's POV}

I stared at the book before me blankly. 

"He...wants my powers?"

"Yeah..." Alec stated nervously. 

"I'll kill him," Evan growled out. 

"That's the thing...you can't. Only we can." Alec shot back. 

"Why me?"

"You're the last descendant, Alara. You're the most powerful being of our coven."

"But...Scarlett? You?! You're more powerful than me."

"Not...with what you ha-held." He quickly corrected himself and glanced at Evan to see if he caught it, but Evan was too angry to notice. 

He was probably plotting that walker's death in his head. 

I sighed, looking down. "And how do we stop him?"

"I don't know...but we can't wait for him to make the next move."

"I know...I know."

"Maybe you should contact Scarlett?" Evan suggested. 

"I agree," Alec mumbled, clearly not liking siding with Evan. 

"I'll...call her later," I mumbled. 

I can never get a break. There is always something around the corner just waiting for me. 

"I need a hot shower to relax for just a few minutes. I just need to clear my head and think about all this."

"I understand. I'll be in my room if you need me." Alec stated and I gave him a small smile and headed towards my bedroom. 

Once I got up there, I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, placing my hands on the counter to brace myself. I just wanted to scream. 

I felt like I just needed to let something out. I didn't know what that was, but I needed relief. 

I felt warm hands on my shoulders and I looked up seeing Evan standing behind me. In need of comfort, I turned around, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

He was quick to engulf me in his embrace, rest his chin on top of my head. "You don't deserve this," he mumbled. 

"Maybe it's the sick way of the universe getting back at me."

"Don't say that, Alara."

"I can't help it, Evan. I never get a break." 

I looked up at him, tears in my eyes. "I just want this all to end and to be happy and stress-free."

He wiped a stray tear from my cheek. "I know, baby, I know."

He slowly leaned down, placing a soft, delicate kiss on my lips which I gladly returned. "You're strong and you're brave. You can do this and I will be there the whole step of the way." he spoke, leaning back. 

He let me out of his embrace and walked over, turning the bath on and pouring something in it. "Take a hot bath, relax, and just clear your mind and take all the time you need. I'll be waiting when you get out."

He turned to walk away and for some reason...I didn't want him to. I liked his comforting presence. 

"Stay." his eyes widened when he looked back at me. 

"What?"

"Stay...in here...with me." I looked away like a shy girl would have. 

"Are you asking me to take a relaxing bath with you?" he chuckled and I shrugged.