Chapter Twenty-Four|| The groove

{Evan's POV}

I walked down the steps into the basement where I had Derek Merrington.

A grin was on my face with each step.

"Hello, pal." I mused when he came into view.

He was bruised and bloodied.

"Evan." he tried to grin, acting like the big bad wolf he wasn't.

I sat down on a chair in front of him and kicked my feet up on the table that held numerous torturing tools. I looked over at him, cocking my head to the side.

He gulped, looking at me.

"Do you remember a girl named Liza?" his facial expression darkened.

"Can't say I do."

"Oh, I think you do. She was Luna Octavia's best friend and you, my dear friend, killed her. Staged it to look like the hunters killed her but Emily Sire knew different when she examined the crime scene."

"The bitch got what she deserved."

"A poor, innocent human? I mean hell, Derek, even I don't go after innocent people. Only people who did me wrong or pissed me off. Well, in this case, I made an exception because you hurt a luna...that's a big no-no."

"I didn't touch her."

"No...you didn't, but out of anger for her and her friend causing you to get banished you went out of your way to get her friend killed and to try and weaken her."

He didn't reply and I let out a snort. "That's what I thought."

"So what? This next torture session is for her?"

I raised a brow. "Now, did I say that?"

"Then why ask about her?"

"I'm just getting inside your head. I was out of practice." I shrugged it off like no big deal and moved my feet to the ground.

I rested my forearms on my knees and leaned forward. "I should be thanking you, Derek. You opened my eyes. Showed me that I really wasn't pulling my weight."

I could laugh at how confused he looked.

"Thanks to you, I got my game back. Man, does it feel good." I smirked.

I reached over, picking up a screwdriver, twirling it around. Glancing at him, I saw the panic on his face.

"Though, you really shouldn't have pissed off, not one lycan, but two." I reached over slamming the screwdriver into his thigh and he screamed in pain.

"That's from Luna Octavia. She wishes you the best. I'll see you around." I smiled, standing up and started whistling on my way back up the steps.

"Please, just stop!" he screamed out.

I looked to one of the guards at the top of the steps. "Give him some medicine and heal him. I'll be back in a few days. I want him good as new. I gotta get back into practice. Got some big events happening."

To any man, I may seem insane, but to my men...I was the alpha that they had been missing.

The one who was malevolent.

The one who causes those pain who deserve it.

The one who punishes.

Alara was cooking when I walked into the kitchen.

"What's cooking, good looking." I mused and she rolled her eyes at the cheesy comment.

"I'm fixing a grilled cheese."

"Oh, the ones with all different types of cheeses?"

She grinned. "Yes, that one."

I looked down at the sandwich and up at her, raising my brows and she sighed. "Yes, I'll fix you one too."

I placed a kiss on her cheek and hopped up on the kitchen counter beside the stove.

"You're in a good mood."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just glad to be getting back to my old self. The one before black magic."

"I'm glad. It makes me happy to see you happy." She flipped the sandwich over onto the other side.

"But are you happy?" I asked.

"Not with my situation, but I am coming around to accepting things."

"Accepting what?"

"That I'll have this darkness with me until I die."

"Don't say that."

"You know it's true, Evan. There is no way around it. I just hope I can stop this man before the magic finds a way to break from the box Alec put it in."

"Scarlett is still looking—"

"And she said it herself: she's getting nowhere. There's a reason that no one has found a loophole to this black magic. It's because there isn't one. The only way to free yourself from it is death and, quite frankly, I don't want to die any time soon."

I didn't know what to say.

There was nothing I could say to make this better for her. We've said it all; We'll find a way, we'll beat this, you're stronger than you think but nothing will convince her.

She's stubborn like that.

"Where's Alec?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Who knows. These past few days since training, he's been busy. I don't know what he's up to."

"What do you mean?"

"He looked at me and said he was going to make things right. Whatever that means. I mean, he already explained his side to me and I forgave him. What more is there? I guess he's still trying to find a way for the black magic to be ended to prove himself to me." she shrugged cluelessly and it was like everything froze as her words sat in.

I hopped down from the counter and reached over, turning the burner off. I took the turnover from her hand, laying it on the counter and made her turn towards me.

"What are you doing?"

"Think about it, Alara. What did he take from us that he still hasn't made up for?"

Her expression dropped and her eyes widened seconds after.

"No way."

"He's trying to undo a spell."

"It's been so long, I honestly forgot. I never had to think about it."

"He's trying to break the barren spell on you, Alara. Do you know what this means?!"

"I'll be able to have children." Tears filled in her eyes and I pulled her towards me in a hug.

I've never cared for Alec but at this moment, I've never praised him more.

__________________________________________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I'm sorry it has been so long. 

I've been on vacation! but I'm back!!