Chapter Thirty-Two|| A talk

{Alara's POV}

I sat in shock at the Goddess before me.

"You called...smart figuring out the truth about me, though." she had a small smile on her face.

"Y-you're not mad I figured it out?"

"It was bound to happen at some point. A lot of people question the start of the moon goddess but those are so devoted to me they don't really care to find it out. You though..."

"I'm not a wolf."

"Exactly."

"So everything Alpha Jackson told me...it's true?"

"Mostly. I'm a witch who did some deep and dark black magic, which you already know so go ahead and ask, Alara."

"How'd you contain it?" My hands clenched at my sides as she started to circle me.

"I don't think you want to know."

"But I do! I have lost so much from it. I spent years in complete suffering."

She let out a sigh. "Alara I do not wish that upon you, after all, you're in love with one of my children. Though, it requires much more pain that you are experiencing now. From the vibe I am getting of the dark magic within you, it is not active. That means you've locked it away, no?"

"My brother helped me cage it."

"Ah, yes, the caging spell. A tricky one to do but you're both from the Lavender bloodline so I expect nothing less."

"Please... you've helped the other lunas with abilities just please help me! There's a man out there that is terrorizing me and I just want to be happy! I don't want to be some vicious person anymore!"

Her features softened as she rested her hand on my shoulder. "Alara, I gave those lunas a gift to aid them in the war to help protect their loved ones and my children from war. To win it. I did it because they solely couldn't do it on their own. You, my love, do not need help to protect the ones you love."

"What?"

"You're strong, Alara. One of the most powerful witches I've ever met at the age you're at, and that isn't because you're a witch. It's because of the dedication within your soul. It's because of the pure love your heart contains. It's because you can accept that you did wrong to many people in life and that you want to make up for it. You don't need some gift to get you through a tough time...because you've experienced times that were more than just tough. I mean, look at yourself today." she smiled, bringing her hand to my cheek. "Don't doubt yourself just yet."

"I don't feel that way. This dark magic..."

"Is only a bump in the road for someone like you. You're surrounded by amazing and remarkable people. You yourself are a smart woman. You can't let the dark magic win if you don't want it to. I learned that."

"But how...?"

She sighed, dropping her hand. "I created the wolves. Rumor has it I did it to curse a man. I didn't, though. I loved a man who treated me like a queen and I wanted to treat him like a king. He wanted to be a strong leader as a politician." she let out a small laugh, but I could see the longing in her eyes.

"So I worked with dark magic. I sacrificed my soul to make him happy. I gave him the abilities no man ever had: those of a werewolf. Then, I made him a king. I helped create the royals. Little did I know it would lead to where it did."

I finally started piecing the pieces together. "When your magic created his wolf side, it created a link between the two of you...because black magic thrives off the soul so, in a way, a little dark magic is in every wolf...linking them to you."