Chapter Twenty-Six|| Powerful

{Alara's POV}

Fear was in the air as the two looked at Alec and me. The woman slowly took a step backward, seeing most of her coven—if not all—were dead.

The walker looked me over and I clenched my teeth. This man will pay for the torture he has put me through. Though, when I raised mine and Alec's hand to completely destroy him to the best of my ability, he vanished like the coward he is.

I looked around seeing most of Evan's men ripping rogues apart, piece by piece. They were having too much fun getting back into the routine they so deeply missed: killing their enemies.

Powerful energy surged through Alec and me. For once, I didn't fear the voices in my head. I knew they wouldn't get out unless I let them...and that made me feel more powerful than ever.

I looked back at the women, whose name I still didn't know, and before I could do anything, Evan charged at her. He latched his jaws around her shoulder and she cried out in pain. He didn't let go until she passed out from the pain of his bite. He let go, stepping back and looked over at me.

I knew why he didn't kill her; he wanted answers. Just as I did. We'll take her in for questioning and get the information we need to stop this walker. That is if she cooperates.

I nodded at Evan, letting go of Alec's hand and the veins went away. Alec let out a breath of air and ran a hand through his hair.

"We haven't done that in a hot minute," he mumbled.

"I know. Weird how everything has changed."

Minutes later, our people were returning looking bloody as ever.

"Go get cleaned up. We'll celebrate the small victory later. Someone take that woman to the cells." I called out and they listened to the command dispersing, while two other men shifted and carried her away.

Evan had shifted back, throwing on some shorts and walked over to us.

"This was a warning. Who knows who else is working with them."

"Should we call other alphas for help?" Alec asked and I shook my head.

"You saw what the two of us did to a whole coven. Imagine what we could do if my coven was here and Scarlett merging with us as well. We'd be unstoppable."

"I just want to know why the hell they would just show up at our front doors like that? What's the point when they know how powerful you two are?" Evan asked.

"They're testing us out. They obviously didn't know how powerful we could get." Alec mumbled.

I thought about it for a minute and my brows furrowed.

"What?" Evan asked.

"The walker...he just comes and goes so easily. He fears me yet he still comes around. I know he's playing cat and mouse with me, but why risk it? Why does he want me particularly?"

Evan's eyes widened after he thought about it. "Alara, what do you have that Alec doesn't?"

"Black magic..."

"He wants you because you have black magic! Think about it. He was made to stop witches who got out of line. Witches who got involved with black magic definitely fit within that category. He's probably consumed so much dark magic himself when he took other witches powers to make them powerless."

"I'm not following..."

"No, he's right..." Alec stated. "You have black magic, and black magic makes him powerful since he is not a witch, he was originally made to siphon power. Though, black magic would give him the ability to do spells and keep himself powerful."