METAMORPHOSIS 🧪

*Peter's POV

-Hey. You're up.

Her small figure plopped down from the kitchen counter, bare soles hitting against the tile floor with a sticky sound. A smile she's caused interrupted my yawn, having me stuck somewhere along the actions.

-I am. And you're barefoot. Wanna catch a cold?

She innocently grinned against the warmth of my chest, nibbling her nose in between of my pectoral muscles. I felt my heart clicking back at its proper place again, now, when I've felt her upon me.

-No...

She giggled, patching the corner of my mouth just briefly.

-I'll be back.

I couldn't help but notice that something was missing. When her youthful, jolly figure tiptoed out of the kitchen- usual, flaming red waves of hair didn't float behind her.
Just as I was recalling the image of her in my mind, things that rested upon the table seemed to distract me.

Sweet scents of pancakes and maple syrup, combined with the fresh hint of orange juice and strong, black coffee- hit right in the centre of my nervous system- marionetting my facial muscles into biggest, goofiest grin.

Just when I start to think how this whole thing couldn't be any better, she disarms me; proving me wrong.

-Sit, I made you some breakfast. Eat before it cools out, and leave the dishes to me. I won't be out long, anyways.

Rope-like, long steady braids hit gently against my thorax when she turned around.
I watched her like hypnotised as she was applying glossy, infamous pinkish lipstick on her plump lips- using the toaster as a mirror.

I was astonished.

She was wearing a simple, short green dress with a floral print, having her slim, perfectly shaped long legs completely exposed. Dress stopped somewhere around her mid-thigh, almost making me choke.

Flaming braids followed the sides of her chest, finishing the route just a little above her illiac bone. When she turned around and faced me, all that I could do was stare.
As taken aback as I was.

-Is it okay if I go out? I'll be back in two hours, or so.

Her freckled face seemed more stunning than usual, glossy lipstick perfectly matching the shade of her cheeks. I stared at her curly lashes that sweetly batted in my face, falling right in the middle of that poisonous web.

-Y-yeah, sure.. Two hours, you said?

She clung her hands around my neck, smashing our lips together and immediately running out of the kitchen, afterwards. Worn-out, dusty white Converse tapped against the tiles, making me chuckle as I licked the remaining lipgloss on my lips.

-May I ask where you're going, Zon?

Frozen in a place, she nervously fixed the straps of her dress, trying so hard not to show me that she was uncomfortable. I stroke my position, crossing my tattoed arms in front of me.

-Josh's. We have to...

-I give you an hour.

She dropped her hands low and nodded, not daring to say a word against mine. With a trembling finger, she showed towards the door and questioningly looked up to me, as if she were afraid I won't let her go.

Even though it took everything in me to do it, I casually nodded and watched as her braids flew behind her. Once the door was shut, I went back to the kitchen and smashed my hand against the table- spilling a whole bottle of orange juice, all over the place.