MANIPULATION 🧪

Corazon's POV

The sky was slowly beginning to change its colours like a chameleon, the Sun being afraid of the Moon's incredible power. I astonishingly gazed at the variations of pinkish-like and red, happy about the soon-to-come peek of the Moon.

-Corazon? Love, may I come in?

Must've been a knock at the door that has scared me so much, making me jump out of my comfortable seat.
Hadn't I been so amazed by the sky, I would've heard him the first time he's called me.

-Corazon?

-Come on in, dad. Go ahead!

He only peeked at the insides of my bedroom, leaning his temple against my door's frame.

-Would you like to come downstairs, honey? I bought you some ice cream.

I felt my heart fluttering at his softness, unable to help myself,
but sincerely chuckle.
As much as I indeed wanted to, I had a lot of thoughts to sort out tonight.

-Thanks, dad, that's so sweet of you!
I might join you down there later, I'm about to be busy now.

He casually nodded, creeking the door open some more.

-It's your favourite; mint with chocolate crumbs.

Another chuckle escalated as I went down to thank him with a kiss, resting my right hand on my hip afterwards.

-I'll consider the offer, dad. I really have to finish something at the moment.

-As you say, captain.

He waved me goodbye before exiting the bedroom, shutting the door gently behind him. I sighed in relief when I freed my breasts from the tight bra, once I was left alone.

Oh God, a lot of things happened yesterday.

I plopped down to the bed and began to think about the part of myself which I didn't praise quite much- manipulation.
The way that Peter bought all of my words so easily, allowing me to keep a guard on and save the truth hidden in me. Unbelievable!

Crooked fingers of mine were soon enough dug in the depths of my ginger waves, gently swirling and twisting them around.
I mean, he acted like a real dick the day before- without a single, rational reason.

Alright, alright.
Just maybe, he did have a reason.
But it had absolutely nothing to do with me! As he said it himself, Josh was the only villain here.

For it has nothing to do with yours and mine relationship...

And it certainly doesn't!
Josh loves me- not the other way around.
You can't convince me that some things aren't better off unsaid.

Torrential pain emerged through my chest as I remembered how little it's taken for Pete to completely turn his trust on me. It was hauntingly scary to be in the corner of his shadow, listening to those throbbing shouts and having them stain my skin with goosebumps.

I had no other choice.
Hadn't I manipulated him into believing that I have no idea about Josh's games, he would've killed me that night.

I rolled over to the right and remained laying on my stomach, reaching out my hand to the wooden nightstand and picking up my telephone's receiver.
My crooked fingers nervously flew across the dials, rapidly typing in Josh's number.

Annoyed by the echoing beeps on the other side of the line, I began to pluck out some of my hair roots.

-Hello?

It took me some time to calm myself down, lighting up a cigarette and eagerly inhaling a thick drag.

-It's me.

It was absolutely silent for a good while, only his breaths coming from the afar and irritating every cell of my body.

-Zon, hey... Uhm, you-you called earlier than I had expected, uh.. "

-Don't get your hopes up, you still don't know the reason I've done it.

I don't know why, but an image of him obediently nodding his head while avoiding to look at me has flashed before my swollen eyes.

-You better stay away from me for a bit. Don't make it harder than it already is.

I proposed myself down on the floor and allowed the emotions to completely take over me, swallowing my common sense up in their poisonous claws. Loud sob has escaped my mouth, soon enough getting some company from Josh's one.

-I'm sorry.

-Sorry for what? Loving me?

My brain was being scarred with his cries, cursing me to the very core.

-Sorry for causing a fight between Peter and you. Sorry for making you lie to him. Sorry for.. "

-Josh, stop. Those aren't the things you should apologise for, so you might as well drop them right fucking now.

Silence was once again swirling between the two of us, constantly going back and forth.

-Apologise for making me say 'Leave', when all I've ever really wanted from you was to stay.

I smashed down the receiver as I hung up on him, letting out all of the cries within me, free. I felt my heart shattering to pieces, collapsing down from my ribcage and causing a complete hurricane in my stomach.

I felt incredibly sick and just wanted to sleep forever.

-Corazon? Honey, what happened?

My father happened to worriedly rush into my bedroom, picking me up in his sceletal hands and carrying me down the stairs. I continue to cry as he was leading us to the couch, plopping me down onto it gently and tucking me in with his favorite blanket.

It was soaked with his soothing scent, actually having some effect on my nerves.

-Hush, love, hush. It's all right now, you can calm down.

He repeatedly ran his short fingers through my waves, so gentle and focused not to pull them.

-Nothing is worth your tears, honey. Nothing, Corazon.

Those two fuckers are, dad.

🌿🌿🌿🌿

I stepped out of the shower, all cleaned and fresh whilst the steam was cuddling my paper-thin skin. Whole bathroom was dimmed in high temperature, helping me ease my muscles down.

Once wrapped in a fuzzy crimson bathrobe, I opened the door and allowed my sinuses to feel some of the dry air.

-I got someone on the line for you, Zon!

Oh no.
My stomach erupted all over again, that stupid feeling fluttering around it once more.

-Hello?

My dad fed me with a spoonful of that infamous ice cream, dropping a soft kiss to my cheek as he murmured a hushed 'You smell like spring', into my ear.

-How about I finally fulfil your wish tomorrow night, dolly?

*********
a/n

hey guys!!
as i promised, from now on- updates are regular.
tell me what you think down below!!
as always,
love ya,
ana ❤️.