IMPRESS 🧪

Feeling bright, rather annoying light creep upon my face, I opened my eyes and groaned in total discomfort. I glanced over at the digital clock besides my bed, seeing that it's only 6:47 AM.
There was no way I was getting up this early.
I forced myself to get out of the bed only to pull the curtains over the windows, so that the sun won't bother me anymore. Once I turned the dark on, I went back to my bed and tucked myself into comfortable blanket.

Hey, you're seeing Josh today, right?
Oh shit, yes! That is today!

I giggled a little to myself, feeling butterflies spreading their wings inside of my stomach. I was very excited to see him after so much time.

What is the last time that you saw him? 8, 10 years ago?
Crap, it was eleven years ago!

I now remembered that I was 6 back then, because it was actually my 6th birthday when I've last seen Josh. He bought me this cute little necklace with an owl thingy clung onto it. I used to wear it all the time when I was younger.

Will Josh remember me? I mean, yeah, he spent one whole summer here, but eleven years is eleven years.

Dealing with problematic thinking this early in the morning has definitely woken me up completely. Okay, maybe I was getting up in the end. I crawled out of the blanket and picked my pack of cigarettes on the way, opening the door very carefully so that screeching wouldn't wake my dad up. I tiptoed down the stairs and went to prepare myself some coffee in the kitchen.
I poured some warm water into a coffee pot and as I was waiting for it to boil, I decided to turn the radio on a little.

-Good morning, working people of New York!
It's exactly 7:15 AM now, perfect time to chug down a few sips of coffee and run out of your apartment very fast, or you'll be late for work!

-Thank you, Michael, but just because you're always late for work, doesn't mean everyone else is, too!

Other people in the radio station studio began cheering and clapping at her 'savage' response, so I just turned the damn thing off. Water boiled anyways.

-Why are you up so early?

Sneaking in the kitchen behind my back and placing a soft, good morning kiss on my shoulder, my dad was now sitting on one of the chairs we had around the small, round wooden table.

-Shit, dad, did I wake you up?

-No, not at all, you know I always wake up early. What's up with you, though?

Sitting down across of him and lighting my cigarette up, I softly shrugged my shoulders.

-Don't know really.

-Are you excited to see Josh?

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
*Evening

-Dad, what if he doesn't remember me?

He looked down and closed his eyes, chuckling at how nervous I was. He rubbed my knuckles firmly as we were waiting for Josh to show up. My dad made a deal with him that we'll meet in a café on the 5th Avenue, where they played really cool music and had a lot of beer brands in offer. I loved this place.

-Zon, relax! Of course he's gonna remember you.

-Corazon?!

Jumping right out of my chair and spinning around, I saw a man with massive, curly black hair all around his head, like some sort of a halo. He had two silver piercings in his right, and three in his left ear. A little bit of his tattoo sleeve showing from beneath his black, denim jacket. Plain black jeans. Rocker boots. Simple white shirt. Pocket chain. Tall.
Josh.