FOR HIM 🧪

*Corazon's POV

-Dad, come on! Josh's place, I promise!

I innocently batted my long lashes, squinting my eyes and pleasingly looking up at him. He just scoffed, slurping his coffee and going back to his stupid, boring newspaper.

-I said no, Zon. You're not gonna make me.

I raised my hands, in sign of giving up on this and plopped down on our couch, bouncing up and down a few times. Ever since I got home last night, I was trying to convince him to go to Josh's place, because I really needed to see him.

There was no way I'd be figuring this whole thing out by myself, baby, nuh-uh.

-But why, dad? It's only Josh. Our Josh.

Irritated, he put the newspaper away and cleared his throat before starting to count the reasons on the fingers of his right, veiny hand.

-One, because you disappeared for a whole weekend, driving away with my car and giving me no sign of where you are. Two, because you lied that there is nothing between you and Peter when there clearly is, and three, because you didn't answer any of Josh's calls yesterday.

He sent a stern look my way when he finished with attacking me, leaving me curled up and embarrassed in my seat. I just hung my eyes low and picked at the roots of my nails nervously.

He was right.
I mean, it's hard as Hell for me to admit that, but he was right. I just behaved like my beloved mother, and disappeared into the void instead of facing with my shit.

-I'm going upstairs.

With honestly no more things to say, I took a pack of cigarettes from our stash in the kitchen cupboard, lazily pulling my legs across the floor.

-I didn't say he can't come here, though.

-What?!

Immediately turning back and running towards him, I excitedly scooped myself in his lap and looked at him with a gleam in my eye. He pretended he wasn't interested, changing channels on our old TV.

-Come on, go up there and call him over, before I change my mind.

I hugged ny arms strongly around him, pretty sure I heard his spine crack a bit and attacking his face with peck-kisses. He began to laugh and jokingly turn his head away from me.

-Thank you, dad! Thank you thank you thank you!

As I finished my dad's daily torture, I happily jogged upstairs and went to dial Josh right away.
Vlad will always be dad number one, no matter what.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
-Close the door.

I exhaled the last drag of my cigarette and shut it down in the ashtray my dad's bought me for Women's day, 'welcoming' Josh into my room. He closed it, turning towards me and trying his best to seem scary and mad with me.
It didn't work.

-Kiddo, you are insane!

He hissed at me, yet not too loud so that my dad wouldn't come upstairs to intervate.

-Do you realise how worried Vlad and I were?!

I watched him take a chair besides my bed and drag it in front of the window I was sitting on, taking a seat and letting out a frustrated, worn-out sigh.

-Why didn't you answer my calls?

I sincerely looked up at his pale eyes, noticing how wide his pupils were. Probably hungover, or something.