BUBBLEGUM BITCH 🧪

*Corazon's POV

I was lazily pulling my feet across the cold tile floor of our bathroom. It's been years since I've last used this one, downstairs. The small one I had inside of my bedroom, was perfectly enough.

Nausea was slowly building and swirling inside of my stomach, terrorising my esophagus as it rose up- to my mouth. She was back.

My own reflection in our old, smudged mirror almost made me jump out of my skin. I had terrible, dark blue circles underneath my eyes- and my lips turned chopped and dry literally overnight. I told Peter I should stay at his place. I told him.

I let the cold water run, rigid stream that weighed down soothing me. I placed my hands beaneath it, feeling my muscles soak in the cold. Everything changed.
Right away, you know?

She came back last night, and the atmosphere in our house fell down immediately.
Her and dad fought until four in the morning, I stayed up the whole night and I had no guts to call Peter. I know I should've done it, though.
But, you know, it was hard for me to call him- wake him up- because of something that is constantly happening, throughout my whole life. It simply made no sense.

-Are you done already?! You've been inside for fifteen minutes!

I still stared at the water's stream, not feeling my own hands anymore. Low temperature turned them numb-
just like her behaviour did me.

-You hear me?! Get out!

But, if I did call him.. He'd help me, right?

-Madeleine, for the last time I am warning you. Get the Hell out of there! You're not alone in this house, you know?!

What am I even thinking?
Of course he would help me.

I turned the water down and barely even dried my hands- practically touching the towel with them. Heading towards the door, I pulled the scrunchie down my long hair and released it from a ponytail, tending to hide my face behind it.

-My name's Corazon, nice to meet you.

As I was, after so much time, face to face with her- I felt something heavy press upon my heart. It felt as if it went dry, like a leaf, curling up and at a certain point- renting. I tried to remain calm, not letting her feed upon my low esteem.
I swear, she was like a shark.

Except, though, she could smell my fear- instead of my blood. An evil grin would form on her face every time, me knowing in advance that she's about to press my most sensitive nerve.
Not just press, actually.

Step upon it, frantically tear and chop.
As long as it takes- until it bursts.

-Excuse me?

She cocked one of those perfectly arched brows at me, leaning her fit figure on the doorframe. I yawned, still acting as if I'm chill about this.

-Corazon, you named me Corazon. Madeleine is my middle name, in case you've forgot.

Her usually plump, full lips thinned down to a barely visible line, irises of her eyes following the move. I couldn't help but shiver, avoiding to look her in the face.

-I knew he'd spoil you while I'm gone. He always does.

-Well, maybe you shouldn't be absent so much, then. I wouldn't get to 'spoil' her that way.

You know when you're so desperate, you're barely even standing on your feet? When you're so sick and tired, that you can't even fight against it? I was in that state. Right now.

But, just like I said it at the beginning- my dad was my guardian angel.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
-Hey, it's me. Sorry I didn't ring you.