LET ME DOWN SLOWLY 🧪

*Corazon's POV

Sugary scent of cinnamon filled my nostrils as I was applying the sweet, infamous body lotion all over my shoulders and chest. My own reflection in the mirror, revealed to me just how anxious I looked- no matter the fact that I was trying to remain calm.

I mean, this was really a weird state of mind.

First, I didn't know if I was capable of seducing a man. And not just any man.
I didn't know if I was capable of seducing a man that knows everything about women.

Second, I didn't know if he was going to fall for my flirts.

-Corazon! Get down!

Stopping the train of my paranoid thoughts, rattling screams that came from my mother's throat echoed through the entire house, inviting me down. I sighed, wrapping a sliky gown around my still-naked body.

-Just a second, mom!

I rushed myself down the stairs, careful enough not to break any bone.
Image of my parents- rarely seen together- waited for me at the very bottom. Sad smile was a decoration to my father's face, whilst my mother looked rather furious.
Unfortunately- nothing new.

-I'm here. Everything alright?

Maya clicked two of her acrylic nails together, restraining her sight from my being and pretending she hasn't heard me. Vladimir, on the other hand, opened his mouth to say something- though was stopped by Maya's rambling.

-Keep the music down. You're not alone in this house, young lady!

Massive rock fell down from my heart, though a wave of annoyance splashed over me as she talked. They pulled me down- only because of that?!

-That's it? That's all you wanted to say?

My dad turned his head away in embarrassment, screaming with his motions that he's been forced to do this. Maya gave me the look, though.

-Don't act smart on me, Corazon. You know it's too late for that noise!

Her pupils swirled in a dizzy speed as she was still processing my appearance, probably mad that I'm wearing her gown. Shame, though.
I couldn't care less.

-Fine, I'll turn it down. Anything else you'd like me to do?

-Respect your parents at least a little bit more. How aren't you ashamed of-...

-Excuse me, but I think you've caught it wrong. The only parent, I'm going to respect, is Vladimir. I'd do the same to you if you ever were ever there, you know?

She raised her perfectly shaped brow up to her mid-forehead, opening up those plump lips in disbelief. Vladimir more than just giggled, diving himself right into trouble.

-Now, if you'd excuse me, I would like to go up to my room and turn my noise down.

Without even giving them the time to answer- or react in any way- I flipped my long waves up in their faces and hurried myself up the stairs. Adrenaline was still pumping through my system.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow-
Don't be alarmed no-...

I picked the needle of my vinyl player from the old, worn-out record just in the middle of my favorite line. If only I could move out...

-Sorry, Robert. You know it's not you, it's them.

Familiar crackling of a record being wrapped in its folder buzzed through my ears, my pale, long fingers joining the vinyl back to its pack. I warmly smiled at my collection, aware of just how many were passed down to me from my dad.
God, how much she was torturing him now...