1. VII 1983 🧪

*Corazon's POV

-What do you think he's going to do?

I innocently wrapped my lips around a plastic straw, slurping onto my icy-cold Pepsi and staring at the ground. Atmosphere in this room of mine was actually pretty pleasant, ventilator constantly blowing the cold air up to my sweaty, sticky face.

-I dunno, kiddo.. You said you fainted yesterday, right?

I pulled a colorful straw out of my mouth and put the drink away, rolling my eyes as I've sought for my cigarettes. Josh apologetically gazed at me when he held a fire out for me, though I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware of what irritated me.

-Yes, I fainted, Josh. Why are you always bringing the negativity in our conversations, though? Could you be a little less stiff, at least for once?

I exhaled the thick, grey smoke through my nostrils and enjoyed how the menthol cleansed my airways. Josh's face was dimmed for a second or three, before the smoke got fanned away via ventilator.

-I'm not stiff, for your information, kiddo. I have a reason why I asked you that.
And it's not because I'm 'negative'.

Kranky, child-like frustration that overwhelmed him, could do nothing else but amuse me. I ran my fingers through his curly mess, laughing at how angry he was as he pushed my hand away.

-Whoah, someone's angry. What, you skipped your nap today, Joshy boy?

The sign that told me I should definitely stop, was a moment where he used the laughing state I was in, pinned my hands to my sides and practically growled in my face. I right away got the hint, feeling chills rain down my spine.

-Kiddo, listen to me. I may not be physically as scary as Peter, but I sure as Hell don't soak anyone's bullshit. Not even yours, Zon.

He put the guard down as I nodded my head, freeing the grip around my wrists and leaning back into his chair. I exhaled, shutting my cigarette down and feeling completely miserable about my behaviour.

-Josh, I'm so-...

-I asked you if you fainted, 'cause that might remind him not to go hard with you, at least today.

He cut me off with his boring statistics, again going in to light up my cigarette even though I reached for the lighter myself.

-How about we search for a today's combination, hm?

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
I was walking down the avenue, feeling the pressure rise up in the depths of my stomach with every new step I'd made. I knew it was bringing me closer to Pete, and perhaps that was the trigger.

Black dress that Josh's picked out for me, swirled along to July's warm breeze and closely followed the frame of my smooth legs. It was long, and velvety upon the chest area.
From my tiny waist down, it melted into a see-through, pretty black silk.
I haven't worn it a while, honestly.

While I continued my walk, I couldn't help but recklessly smile as I enjoyed this unstoppable, irresistible Brooklyn energy. It never slept, actually awaking even more as the sun was going down.
All these people that ran, jogged and rushed around me, happy that they're finally free from work and able to go back to their homes and families- subconsciously put a huge, warm smile upon my face.
It made me flutter, all the way from my heart and down to my belly.

As a child, I lacked the softness and comfort within my parents. Well, with my mother, at least.
Neither dad was happy while getting out of work, nor I while going home from kindergarten. We both just knew that Maya is going to be upset about something, the day for all three of us ending with a headache and a new broken item inside of our house.