REMEMBER? 🧪

*Corazon's POV

I strained yet another pillow over my head as the shouts downstairs only became louder. Even though I turned the music on as loud as I could, plus dipped my head into the pillows, I still could hear the disgusting words coming right out of my mother's mouth.

-Vladimir, for the last time I am telling you. She is not your perfect little dolly-daughter anymore! Look at her! Have you looked at her recently?!

I took the pillows off of my head and decided to kneel beside my creeked door, only to hear a bit better. No, dick, of course not her!
I wanted to hear what he has to say.

-Maya, for the last time I am telling you. She might not be my little daughter anymore, but she still is mine! You hear me?!
M-I-N-E, MAYA!

Wave of shivers streamed down my spine at the frequency of his voice.
Wow. I've never heard him shout before.

-Fine, Vladimir! If she's yours, then so be it! Have her!

I heard the front door opening, then closing rather soon with a loud sound. Not much time passed before the sound of an engine starting filled up my ears, informing me that she's ran away.
Again.
Don't be alarmed, it happens a lot. A few times a week, actually. Sometimes days, too.
I heard my dad going up the stairs, so I quickly ran up to my bed, jumping right on it and opening the comic book somewhere in the middle, making myself look like I didn't give two shits about what just happened.
So not true.

-Zon? Can I come in?

Zon was short for Corazon, of course. Even though, no one else called me that besides him. I actually didn't even have much people around to call me whatever, if I'm being honest. I was always extremely shy and introverted. And I was always the centre of rude nicknames or gossip material.
You see, I have freckles.
Like, a lot of them. That was always the number one thing for nicknames.
And as for the gossips- I can swear on my dad's life they're all definitely made-up.
I have zero social life, how could I really be doing any of those stuff?

-Sure, dad.

My posters-covered door opened with a rather loud screech, making me scrunch my face in discomfort. In came my superhero, my Guardian, and the very only one man I love- my dad. Look, I know it might sound fucked up, but it isn't.
I just really love him. Like, really, love him.

-I should daub these for ya, huh?

He sat down on a chair besides my bed, taking a glance at me. I knew what he was trying to do.

-Yeah, that would be very nice from you. Anyway, why are you here?

-You don't want me here?

-Dad! You know it's not that.

Still giggling like a small girl, I proposed myself up and sat cross-legged on the bed, facing my dad. He was still wearing that soft, satisfied expression upon his face.

-Dad, you're thinking wrong.

Cocking his eyebrow at me, he crossed his arms in front of his chest, now being even more intrigued. As much as I loved him, he was really hard to deal with from time to time. Like now, for example.
I just wished he wasn't that damn stubborn.

-Oh, am I?

-Mhm.

-Then why were you listening to your mother's and mine argument?

Playing it cool on the surface, I actually freaked out a bit inside. Damn, what could tattle-tell me?

-I certainly wasn't. You really think I give a crap about her shit?