Chapter 6

Please comment and vote! I hope you enjoy!! What do you think of Blaze and Sage now? Look at the cute banner FUNKY_BOOKS_LOVER made me!

"When things get awkward my best advice is to just put on a blank face, and let them think you're ignoring them, when you're really listening to every word."-Blaze

When I'm alone with you, you make me feel

Reminds me of home
When you're around me

Artist: Lissie

Song:When I'm Alone

Sage’s  Pov.

The next morning I was humming while making breakfast, Blaze came down the stairs fully dressed, while I was still in my pajama pants and tank top. I put the pancakes on his plate and out the rest in the middle of the table for Zac and extras. I ate on my pancakes, looking up sometimes making small glances at Blaze. 

I heard the front door close and Zac walked in the kitchen shirtless with basketball shorts on. He piled pancakes on his plate and talked a hole into me and Blaze. When he finally shut up I turned to Blaze.

“Why do you have such a big house when there’s only you, and occasionally Zac?”

“I’ve been thinking about it but I just never got around to making plans about it.”

“Oh,” I muttered poking at my plate, loss for anymore words.

“Yeah, well Sage I guess we’re moving into a condo.”

“But what about this house?” I loved it and I didn’t want him to sell it.

“It’ll be here for parties, family occasions and whenever we need it.” When he said ‘we’ for some reason it made me think that maybe he was thinking I was still going to be in his life in the future. It made me feel a little bit happier inside.

At about 12:00 p.m. we decided to head over to my old neighborhood and pick up my brother from his ‘friend’s’ house.

Blaze and I got out and walked into the apartment building stopping at the first door and knocked.

“Can I get my little brother, Ms. Sims?” The older redhead rolled her eyes at me, and took a step back showing my brother with his book bag waiting at the door.

My brother went to school with the little monster Ms. Sims called her son. My brother didn’t really like her son, but she was the only babysitter at the time after school or when we had to work.

“He’s had two asthma attacks since he’s been over here. We don’t want him back over anymore, too many problems.” Ms. Sims lazily told us. I was so mad you could probably see steam. She acts like we didn’t pay her for my brother to come over here. My brother told me that her son had no friends and that he was the only one that would ever come over. She was in a poverty situation more than we were so we were actually doing her a favor by paying her more than my brother was actually over.

“The boy looks like he doesn’t even want to be here, the little snot nose kid you got running in there has some major physiological problems and needs to get checked out. He doesn’t even want to be here and I doubt he has control over his asthma so don’t be such a bitch all you had to do was tell us that it was too much of a hazard to have him over here. Oh, but that was probably too complicated for a simpleton like you.” Blaze all but yelled. He grabbed my little brother’s hand and stormed off.

I followed only to glance at Ms. Sims who still had a shocked face. But that wore off when I made it to the door.

“How many times did you have to put out, to get him Sage?” She called her cackling laugh sounding through the empty halls.